Google teases Whitechapel chipset that may power Google Pixel 6 devices
Sundar Pichaihas teased the Whitechapel chipset.
- Google Pixel 6 devices are set for launch later this year.
- Whitechapel chipset is expected to deliver performance similar to that of the
Qualcomm Snapdragon 870.
AdvertisementThe Google Pixel 6, which is set for launch in the coming months, may feature the company’s
“Android 12 will, of course, be central to Google's own devices. I'm very excited by our fall lineup, which will showcase Android 12 and some of the deep technology investments that are helping us push boundaries. Pixel remains at the heart of that long-term strategy and I’m proud of how the team continues to deliver the best of Google through our family of helpful devices, including Nest and Fitbit,” said Pichai in the statement. It is speculated that the “deep technology investment” that Pichai talks about is referring to the ‘Whitechapel’ chip.
Google Pixel 6 devices are expected to have Android 12 out-of-the-box and feature the Whitechapel chipset. While there is not much official information about the Whitechapel chipset, leakster Yogesh revealed it is a 5nm chipset that can deliver performances similar to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870.
Google has been using Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets on their Pixel phones in the past and if we do see the Whitechapel chipset on the Google Pixel 6 devices, it will be the first from the company to feature company's in-house chipset. The real-life performance will only be known once the device is launched.
Well yes, Whitechapel is a 5nm chip with current performance on PVT units closer to SD870, they are not trying to m… https://t.co/utw5nLvwBm— Yogesh (@heyitsyogesh) 1621847093000
Earlier, an alleged APK teardown of Google Pixel 6 revealed that the phone will offer full HD+ resolution. It also reveals that we will see a front-facing LED flash. Both Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro would see the selfie flash for the front-facing cameras. Additionally, Google Pixel 6 Pro could feature a 5X zoom via the ‘ultra tele’ lens.
Google Pixel 6 Pro leaked image reveals curved display, horizontal camera
Google is killing unlimited free storage for Photos, Docs, and Drive — but Pixel owners get an exemption
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip
- Mizoram polls: ZPM dethrones MNF, bags 27 of 40 seats