Google camera APK teardown leaks Google Pixel 6 resolution, selfie flash and ‘ultra tele’ lens
Google Pixel 6is speculated to offer 1080p resolution.
Google Pixel 6 Prois expected to have a larger cutout for the selfie camera.
- We may see a front-facing LED flash in the Google
Pixel 6 series.
AdvertisementGoogle’s latest camera app update has helped get insights into what the Google
In an APK teardown based report, 9to5Google was able to deduce some features that we may see on Google’s upcoming flagship devices. According to the report, the Google Pixel 6 will offer full HD+ resolution as its selfie camera is located 540 pixels to the centre from the left. Considering the front-facing camera to be at the centre of the screen, we can speculate that it will have a 1080p resolution.
The Google Pixel 6 Pro, or 6 XL, will have its selfie camera placed at 722 pixels from the left. This led the publication to speculate that the Google Pixel 6 Pro could offer a resolution of just over 1440p.
As for the selfie camera, the Pixel 6 will see a smaller hole of 55 pixels against the 65 pixels on Pixel 5. The punch-hole camera in the Google Pixel 6 Pro will have a larger size of 70 pixels. The larger camera cut out in the Pixel 6 Pro comes with a “p21_front_setup” feature which isn’t available in Pixel 6. As per the report, this could mean that only the Google Pixel 6 Pro can record videos in 4K resolution.
The APK insight of the Google Camera 8.3 update also reveals that we will see a front facing LED flash. Both Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro would see the selfie flash for the front-facing cameras.
Another important insight from the APK report is that the Pixel 6 series will offer 7X zoom while recording videos at 60 frames per second (fps). Comparing it with Pixel 5 that offers 3X zoom at 60fps and 5X at 30fps, this is a major upgrade.
Another camera APK teardown report by XDA suggests that Google Pixel 6 Pro could feature a 5X zoom via the ‘ultra tele’ lens. This could mean that the larger flagship device will feature a telephoto lens offering 5X optical zoom.
Interestingly, the Super Res Zoom feature that is seen on Google Pixel 5 may not be available on the upcoming devices. This was deduced as “SABRE_ALLOWED” function is disabled in the latest Google Camera 8.3 APK. “Super Res Zoom” uses machine learning to add details to images and makes them appear as if they were taken with a telephoto lens.
Google Pixel 6 Pro leaked image reveals curved display, horizontal camera
Android 12 beta – how to download and install it on Pixel, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme phones among others
Popular on BI
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India