iPhone 15 features roundup – Ultra variant, solid-state buttons, USB Type-C port, and more
Appleis expected to make several changes to the iPhone 15lineup next year.
- The devices are expected to feature a rounded design and a titanium chassis.
- Apple is also expected to ditch physical buttons and use solid-state buttons.
AdvertisementApple launched the iPhone 14 series just a few months ago. While there’s a long wait before the next iteration of the premium device is launched, reports revealing the design and some specifications of the
iPhone 15 Ultra
After replacing the mini variant with the Max variant, Apple may replace the Pro Max moniker with the Ultra moniker. According to a report by Bloomberg, Apple may launch the iPhone 15 Ultra next year instead of a Pro Max option. Apple recently used the “Ultra” naming for the
Popular tipster ShrimpApplePro has revealed that the iPhone 15 will feature a rounded design, moving away from the existing squared-off design. Apple had last used a rounded design for the 2015 iPhone 5C.
In addition to a rounded design, the company is also expected to use a titanium chassis. Another major change is that all iPhone 15 models will feature a pill-and-hole cutout like the iPhone 14 Pro models, allowing them to use the Dynamic Island feature.
Apple is reportedly moving away from physical buttons, equipping its upcoming devices with solid-state buttons. This was revealed after Apple Supplier Cirrus Logic, in a shareholder letter, said that the “largest change in new iPhone models next year is the removal of the buttons, which would require additional drivers for the haptics engine,” as per a MacRumors report.
USB Type-C port
Apple may be finally moving towards a Type-C port for its iPhones. The European Union (EU) and India are pushing for a common device charger. The European Parliament has already passed a resolution mandating that all consumer electronic devices should have USB Type-C ports by the end of 2024.
Apple is expected to move from its lightning port to the Type-C port to comply with EU’s guidelines.
Apple has reportedly been working on a periscope telephoto lens technology for some time now, and the company is expected to use this lens for the iPhone 15 Pro models.
The Periscope lens will allow the device to offer up to 10x optical zoom, a huge improvement over the existing telephoto lens, which is limited to 3x zoom.
Apple iPhone 15 launch date
AdvertisementThe Apple iPhone 15 series is expected to be launched in September 2023. We should know more about the devices in the coming months.
Google Pixel 7a roundup – 90Hz display, dual camera setup, and more
This Xiaomi 12S Ultra Concept is a hope to take smartphone photography to the next level — lets you attach DSLR lenses to the phone
Homegrown brands dominate the truly wireless earbud segment as shipments double in India
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know