Nothing phone (1) will be available with an invite system, just like the OnePlus One
- The Nothing phone (1) will be available with an invite system.
- Only the users who have an invite will be able to purchase the device initially.
- The company has claimed that the phone (1) will have a limited supply.
AdvertisementThe Nothing phone (1), the first smartphone from Carl Pei-led Nothing Technologies is currently one of the most anticipated phones and the company has been fuelling the hype by releasing information about the device in parts.
The company has been marketing the Nothing phone (1) similar to how
Nothing has now shared a video, talking about some of the processes behind the device and how the different departments are working on the device.
Taking another page out of OnePlus’ playbook, the Nothing phone (1) will be available with an invite system, just like the OnePlus One.
“What’s important is that the people from the community get it first. Doesn’t mean they can be the only ones, but they need to get it first. Once people who have been with us since the beginning are happy, then we are more than happy to open wider,” said Basile David, product marketing, Nothing.
Akis Evangelidis, co-founder and head of marketing explained the invite system. The company will first offer invites to community members and invites to members who do not pre-order the device will be given to others.
He added that the invite system has been put in place as the phone (1) will have a limited supply, unlike phones from other companies that are built in millions.
The company has not revealed how it plans on identifying the initial users to share the invites.
AdvertisementWe should know more about the device soon as the company will continue to share tidbits of information to maintain the hype around the device.
Nothing phone (1) hand-on video reveals how the notification LEDs work
Nothing phone (1) design revealed officially – from transparent back cover to aluminium frame, here’s everything we know so far
Nothing Phone (1): Pre-booking details, features and camera specifications
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Earth is losing thousands of species each year, reveals research
- Nano-satellites built by startups augurs well for private sector's future endeavours: IN-SPACe
- Musk reveals Twitter 2.0, says top software aces joining company
- Risk management must be driven by understanding of what is good for corporate: Ex-chairman Sebi
- Government invites suggestions for union budget 2023-24