Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G hands-on review – sleek and fast, but could have been better
- Oppo has launched the F19 Pro+ 5G in India for ₹25,990.
- The main highlight of the device is its quad camera setup and the 50W fast charge support.
- It comes with a sleek and minimalist design.
- Read our hands-on review to find out if you should consider this Oppo phone for your next purchase.
Compared to its predecessor, the Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G features a more polished design.
The Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G competes with devices like the Samsung Galaxy F62, OnePlus Nord, the Realme X7 Pro 5G and Xiaomi Mi 10i.
AdvertisementRead our first impressions of the Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G to find out if you should consider it for your next phone purchase.
Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G price and availability
The Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G has been priced at ₹25,990. It comes in Fluid Black and Space Silver colour options. It will be available from Amazon, Flipkart from March 17.
Design, build quality and display
Like its predecessor, the Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G offers a lightweight and sleek design. It comes with a minimalist design, featuring a matte look on the Space Silver variant and gradient design on the Fluid Black variant.
AdvertisementComing to the display, the device features a 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with a 60Hz refresh rate. Oppo has once again decided to skip a higher refresh rate display despite it becoming a popular feature at this price range. The difference in scrolling is visible, especially when coming from a phone with a higher refresh rate display.
At the very least, a 90Hz display would have been a better choice in this price segment.
Apart from this, we found the Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G’s display to be bright enough even under direct sunlight. The colours are accurate and vivid.
The Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G comes with Android 11 out of the box, which means you get all the latest features that Android has to offer.
Overall, Oppo’s ColorOS 11 skin is clean and has plenty of features to let you customise the phone to your heart’s content.
AdvertisementFor a detailed review of ColorOS 11, read our review here.
Performance and battery life
The Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G is equipped with the recently announced MediaTek Dimensity 800U chipset coupled with 8GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Most of the tasks like navigating the user interface, switching between apps and the overall performance were smooth.
AdvertisementIt is powered by a 4,310mAh battery and supports 50W fast charging. In our initial usage, the phone did last an entire day on a single charge. Given that it supports 50W fast charging, though, it’s really easy to recharge the battery quickly.
The Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G features five cameras – four at the back and one at the front. The rear cameras are a combination of a 48MP primary camera, an 8MP wide angle macro camera and two 2MP shooters. At the front, the device sports a 16MP selfie camera.
We tested the camera in daylight conditions, and the results were decent. The colour reproduction and detail was good.
AdvertisementThe Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G is a sleek phone that gets many things right, including the AMOLED display, simple and smooth user interface and performance. The cameras are decent. But it is held back by one feature – the display refresh rate, which has a noticeable impact on user experience.
There are alternative options that offer a higher refresh rate display in this price segment, like the newly launched Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro and Max, Realme 7 Pro, OnePlus Nord among others.
Samsung Galaxy F62 review – the new mid-range killer
Realme X7 Pro 5G mobile review – democratising 5G
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G review – the best Android smartphone, yet
Popular on BI
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- With the metaverse, NFTs and DeFi on the rise, Ethereum miners rake in $2 billion in revenue — a jump of 11% over October
- Gen Bipin Rawat, his wife, and 11 others killed in chopper crash near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu
- RBI keeps lending rates intact, remains accommodative
- India remains to be ranked as the fourth most powerful country as per Asia Power Index 2021
- Although Shriram Properties has solid future prospects, Omicron may mess things in the near term