Oppo’s first foldable smartphone ‘Find N’ to launch on December 15, confirms Pete Lau
Oppohas confirmed its first foldable smartphone ‘ Oppo Find N’.
- Oppo Find N will be unveiled during the ‘OPPO INNO Day’ event.
- The company also shared a teaser design of the foldable phone.
AdvertisementOppo has officially teased its first foldable smartphone ‘Find N’. Oppo’s first foldable smartphone is scheduled to launch on December 15, which is the second day of ‘OPPO INNO Day’. The company also shared a teaser design of the smartphone that shows us a glimpse of the foldable phone’s hinge.
Oppo Find N was announced by the company’s new product chief, Pete Lau. The foldable phone has been in development for four years and there have been six prototypes of this device. Oppo is yet to share the full design and specs of its foldable smartphone but according to Lau, the company has successfully solved some of the common problems of foldable phones and those are “the crease in the display and the overall durability of the device.” Lau added that the Oppo Find N has “perhaps the best hinge and display designs available today.”
According to leaks and rumours, the Oppo Find N will feature an inward folding design like the Galaxy Z Fold3 and the Huawei Mate X2. It could feature an 8-inch OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, and it could run the Snapdragon 888 processor under its hood. The foldable phone is also expected to launch with ColorOS 12, and feature a Sony IMX766 50-megapixel primary camera at the back. We can also expect a 4,500mAh battery and 65W fast charging support on the Oppo Find N.
With its foldable phone, Oppo would be competing with Samsung which currently has a strong portfolio of foldables and in two different designs. Oppo Find N is also expected to make foldable phones come closer to becoming more mainstream in the smartphone market.
Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset seems to have surpassed Apple’s A15 Bionic in early benchmarks — but it’s too early to say
Here’s how you can make voice and video calls from the Gmail app
Popular on BI
- Heatwave is gone and heavy rainfall, hailstorms in the next 5 days — IMD issues alert
- Retail inflation could soften by 50-60 basis points on government interventions: CARE
- Tata Steel, JSW, SAIL and JSPL will lose half of their export biz as government wages war on inflation
- Sony has announced that half of its game releases will be on PC and mobile by 2025
- Meta-owned Instagram rolls out exclusive ‘1 Minute Music’ tracks for reels in India