Samsung to unveil Galaxy Z Fold and Galaxy Z Flip foldable smartphones at its August 11 Galaxy Unpacked event
Samsungis gearing up to launch two new foldable smartphones at its Galaxy Unpackedevent in August.
- The smartphone maker is also said to bring its iconic S Pen stylus to the
Galaxy Z Fold3.
- It could also be the first Samsung smartphone with an under-display camera.
- Apart from these two smartphones, Samsung is also expected to launch the
Galaxy Buds 2and the Galaxy Watch 4.
AdvertisementKorean smartphone maker Samsung is all set to unveil its next generation of foldable smartphones, the Galaxy Z Fold and the
While both the upcoming foldable smartphones from Samsung have already been leaked a few times, the confirmation about their launch is hidden in plain sight in Samsung’s launch invite, which has an outline of both the devices.
Samsung has also released a teaser with an animation that ends up with two devices being folded, which more or less confirms the rumours.
Apart from the two foldable smartphones, Samsung is also expected to launch the Galaxy Buds 2 and Galaxy Watch 4, following up from the Galaxy Buds Pro and Galaxy Watch 3 devices.
The Galaxy Unpacked event will be held virtually by Samsung on its website. Samsung has also started allowing customers in the USA to reserve these smartphones, with other countries expected to follow soon.
Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3 – what we know so far
Until recently, the Galaxy Note series offered the best of everything that Samsung had to offer. But that has changed with the arrival of foldable smartphones.
Now, Samsung is bringing its iconic S Pen stylus to the Galaxy Z Fold 3, according to images leaked by known tipster Evan Blass.
Some other rumours suggest that the Galaxy Z Fold 3 could be the first smartphone from the company to feature an under-display camera, but we recommend taking this with a pinch of salt.
The Galaxy Z Flip 3 – a flip phone – is expected to feature a more usable and larger secondary display.
Both the smartphones are expected to come with 5G support, although only the Galaxy Z Fold 3 will support ultrawideband and Wi-Fi 6E technologies.
Another major highlight of the upcoming event is the Galaxy Watch 4, which could be the first smartwatch powered by the new Wear OS with One UI Watch interface. It could come in 40mm and 44mm models.
Tesla teams up with Samsung in a $436 million deal to equip its Cybertruck with cameras
Samsung may unveil its new foldable smartphone in August
Qualcomm and Asus come together to launch a high-end ‘Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders’
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%
- India records 1,590 fresh COVID-19 cases, highest in 146 days
- Paytm announces launch of its upgraded payments platform powered by 100% indigenous technology — a shining example of ‘Make in India’
- Finance ministry clarifies on hike in STT on options trading