Apple's WWDC 2023: Expect updates for iOS, MacOS, and WatchOS with possible surprise hardware reveal
Image credits- Apple
WWDC 2023will be held from June 5 to 9, in an online format, with an in-person component at ApplePark on the first day.
WWDCprimarily focuses on software, hardware announcements are not ruled out, as seen in 2022 with the MacBook Proand MacBook Air.
- Apple is expected to unveil the latest versions of its operating systems, including iOS 17, iPadOS 17, macOS 14, tvOS 17, and watchOS 10, with previews provided to developers after the keynote event.
AdvertisementApple has announced the upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) will commence on June 5th and continue until June 9th, with the event taking place online. However, like last year, there will be an in-person component at Apple Park on the show's first day. According to Susan Prescott, Apple's Vice President of Worldwide Developer Relations, this year's WWDC will be the company's "biggest and most exciting yet."
Apple has used this conference to share information about the next iterations of its operating systems, such as iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and sometimes tvOS. During last year's keynote, the company unveiled iOS 16's customizable lock screens, a refresh to its Home app, Stage Manager, the M2 chip, and other new features.
In the past, WWDC tickets have been available for purchase for $1,599 (₹1,31,496) for the in-person event. However, since 2020, the conference has been available to all developers for free in an all-online format, and this trend will continue into 2023. Apple will broadcast the event through various platforms, including Apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple Developer website, Apple TV, and YouTube.
Expected hardware announcements
While WWDC is primarily a software-focused event, hardware announcements are not guaranteed. Earlier, Apple has chosen to focus exclusively on software-related updates. However, in 2022, the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air were both introduced at WWDC, and for 2023, there are expectations of at least one hardware product announcement.
AR/ VR Headset
The highly anticipated and extensively rumored AR/VR headset from Apple, featuring cutting-edge technologies such as advanced hand and eye tracking, the ability to view your Mac's display, and even full-body FaceTime avatars, could be unveiled at WWDC 2023. If you want to know more about the upcoming Apple AR/ VR headset, click here.
Mac Pro (2023)
Reports suggest that Apple is preparing to release a refreshed version of the Mac Pro featuring an Apple silicon chip, which could be unveiled at WWDC. It is expected that the design of the Mac Pro will remain largely unchanged, but we can expect a hardware upgrade.
Expected software announcements
At WWDC, Apple is expected to unveil the latest versions of its operating systems, including iOS 17, iPadOS 17, macOS 14, tvOS 17, and watchOS 10. Following the keynote event, developers will receive previews of the software updates to create apps incorporating the new features before the public launch in the fall. Reports suggest that macOS 14, like iOS 17, will have only a few significant changes.
In recent years, Apple has been focused on making its software more seamless across various platforms, which could mean that more iOS features, such as widgets, may be introduced to the Mac.
Music to help focus, home design & many tasks that AI can help with
ChatGPT just got more accessible: Here’s how you can open the AI Chatbot directly from Mac's menu bar
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore