Carl Pei-led Nothing brings in Teenage Engineering as founding partner
Teenage Engineering has been developing highly acclaimed products for people who love sound, music, and design. The company's emblematic first product, the portable wonder synthesizer OP-1, was launched in 2010.
"I am really excited to welcome Teenage Engineering to the growing Nothing family. They consist of some of the best designers and creatives that I've had the pleasure of working with. Together, we have created a product roadmap that's unique and true to Nothing's vision," Carl Pei, CEO and co-founder of Nothing said in a statement.
Jesper Kouthoofd, co-founder and CEO of Teenage Engineering is the Creative Lead and the visionary behind Nothing's design world, while Tom Howard has been appointed as Head of Design of Nothing.
Nothing also announced that it will open up for its community to invest in the company through a community equity funding round.
Nothing will allow its community to invest a total of $1.5 million at the same valuation as their Series A funding with GV (formerly Google Ventures).
Earlier, the firm acquired smartphone brand
According to a report in 9to5Google, the Essential brand which was launched by Android co-founder
London-based Nothing has so far raised over $22 million. In December, the company raised $7 million in seed financing December that included tech leaders and investors such as Tony Fadell, Casey Neistat, Kevin Lin,
AdvertisementOne Plus co-founder Carl Pei picks Android creator Andy Rubin’s Essential to put the “giant reset button” in consumer tech
Carl Pei’s Nothing invites users to invest in the company – $1.5 million worth shares available
Popular on BI
- An American tourist in Seoul said he sprayed graffiti in 155 places to raise awareness about teeth grinding
- X could lose $75 million in ad revenue after a litany of controversies from Elon Musk, including his endorsement of antisemitic comments, report says
- The S&P 500 will trade near its all-time high before a recession drags it down again in a topsy-turvy 2024, Société Générale says
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes