OnePlus Band confirmed to launch in India soon – here's how to win one for free
OnePlus Bandhas been teased ahead of its official launch in India.
- The company is likely to announce the fitness band in the coming days.
- OnePlus has announced a contest for its fans and winners can get a free OnePlus Band by answering a few questions.
The OnePlus Band will mark the debut of OnePlus in the wearables segment. The company is also set to launch a smartwatch this year. The OnePlus Band is expected to take on Xiaomi’s fitness band in the country.
Amazon India has started teasing the fitness band and put up a landing page ahead of the launch. The page has revealed the sleep tracking feature of the OnePlus Band and says, “Sleep smarter every night”. It has a ‘Notify Me’ button.
This year, we are here to help you achieve all your fitness goals and make your life easier.#SmartEverywearHead… https://t.co/p2K4up1xyS— OnePlus India (@OnePlus_IN) 1609737440000
The teaser shows bezels of the OnePlus Band and has revealed that the band will come with OnePlus branding at the bottom of the screen. The Amazon listing has revealed that the company may also launch an app to track the heart rate, activities, sleep, and other details.
How to win a free OnePlus Band
OnePlus has also announced a contest ahead of the launch, and winners stand to win the OnePlus Band. Users can participate in the contest here. Users can answer some questions and stand a chance to win the OnePlus Band.
OnePlus Band expected launch date
The OnePlus Band is likely to be launched in Q1 2021. As per the above report, the company’s fitness band will be unveiled a few weeks ahead of the OnePlus 9 series. This puts the expected launch of the fitness band sometime in January or early February.
OnePlus Band expected pricing
Xiaomi is currently one of India’s leading brands in the wearables segment and its affordable Mi Smart Band lineup has become very popular. The OnePlus Band will reportedly be priced under ₹3,000 ($40), pitting it against the Mi Smart Band 5, which is priced at ₹2,499 ($34).
This is in line with the company’s strategy of capturing the affordable smartphones segment with the OnePlus Nord smartphone launch. The company is expected to announce the premium OnePlus Watch sometime later this year.
We should know more about the OnePlus Band, including its pricing and availability in the coming days.
OnePlus Watch will be launched early next year, says Pete Lau
OnePlus 8T review — refined flagship experience at mid-range price
OnePlus 8T Concept phone shows off touchless notifications and colour shifting technology
Popular on BI
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report
- After Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Maruti Suzuki, now Tata Motors increases price of its vehicles from January
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy