These iOS 16 features will be limited to only a few iPhones – check the details here
Applehas released the first iOS 16 beta for developers, allowing them to test out new features and changes before the final release.
- However, some
iOS 16 featuresare restricted to a select few iPhones, according to the release notes of the beta.
- Check out these restricted features in iOS 16 below.
AdvertisementApple released the first iOS 16 beta update for developers at the
Apple has announced a series of new features for iOS 16 but it seems some of the features will be limited to only newer iPhones running with A12 Bionic or higher, this means iPhone 8 series and iPhone X will miss out on some of the features.
Apple has already dropped iOS 16 support for some older devices, including iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
Here are the features that will be limited to iPhones with the A12 Bionic chipset or higher.
Add emoji in texts via Siri
When using Siri to dictate texts, users can now insert emojis. This feature is limited to iPhones with an A12 chipset or higher. It means if you are using iPhone 8 series or iPhone X, you won't be able to use this feature.
Some of the Siri capabilities such as asking specific questions about an app along with the ability to hang up a call are also limited to iPhones with A12 chipset or higher. To hang up a call, a user needs to say ‘Hey Siri, hang up.’
Live Text in video
This feature allows users to use a camera to recognise text from photos and copy-paste it. With the iOS 16 update, Apple is bringing Live Text to Video but this feature will be limited to iPhones running with an A12 chipset or higher.
Now, users can pause a video to interact with text allowing them to access functions such as copy and paste. Live Text will work in Photos, Safari and more. It will be limited to Chinese, English, French, Italian, German, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Ukrainian, and Spanish languages.
In iOS 16, Apple has announced some major updates to Dictation but again they will be limited to iPhones running with an A12 chipset and higher.
The updated Dictation feature will allow users to quickly move between touch and voice commands including QuickType suggestions. However, this feature will not work on iPhone 8, iPhone X and earlier.
The Health app is updated with the new Medications feature. This feature allows users to add and manage their ongoing medications by creating reminders and schedules. This will only work on iPhone Xs, Xr and later.
The door detection feature will allow visually impaired users to locate a door while navigating. This feature will read symbols and signs around the door. However, this feature will be limited to the iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Apple brings a new lock screen experience in iOS 16 with new widgets, revamped notifications and more
Microsoft scales down its Russia business after suspending sales of new products and services
Popular on BI
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- New CEO of TCS Krithivasan gets a thumbs up from analysts who are betting on his experience & leadership skills
- Time to accumulate bonds and lock-in attractive yields with peak rates around the horizon
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts