Twitter starts testing downvoting on replies but it’s not that exciting
- This feature lets you downvote replies but it won’t be public or visible to the author.
- Twitter said this is not a dislike button, and downvoting won’t change the order of the replies.
Twitter users have started sharing seeing a downvoting button on replies. There’s a message along with the button that says Twitter is testing downvoting on replies, and that the downvotes aren’t public or visible to the author. It adds that the experiment is for Twitter to “understand what people think is valuable to the conversation.” This feature is also quite similar to Reddit’s upvote and downvote button.
pretty cruel for twitter to give me access to downvoting but not have it enabled on @josh_wingrove’s tweets https://t.co/exkmcgcSsK— Justin Sink (@justinsink) 1634090080000
I’m not sure how I feel about Twitter testing downvoting for replies. Twitter is one step closer to turning into Re… https://t.co/PdVhkQSuRr— Tom Warren (@tomwarren) 1634091031000
There’s going to be downvoting on Twitter haha https://t.co/2hEcR5Bhdg— Joseph Morong (@Joseph_Morong) 1634063749000
Downvoting on Twitter hmmm https://t.co/iaxDwPN6nL— M (@waawaaw33waa) 1634089319000
Based on multiple tweets, the downvoting button seems to have reached quite a lot of people globally. This is however only one part of the downvoting experiment on Twitter. According to the official announcement made in June, Twitter said iOS users may start seeing different options to up or down votes on replies.
Twitter has been experimenting with multiple features to help improve conversations on the micro-blogging site. It now lets users remove followers without letting the other person know so you can “soft-block” people if you don’t want to actually block them. Twitter also started testing prompts to let people know if the conversation you’re about to enter is getting heated up.
Twitter now lets you remove followers without letting them know
Canva launches video editing suite with customisable templates, scene-based editing and more
- Elon Musk's brain-chip startup shares video it says shows a monkey telepathically 'typing'
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Herschel Walker's son says Trump called his father for months demanding that he run, while 'everyone with a brain' begged him not to
- 1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor