This live simulation of Cyclone Fani shows how dangerously close it is to India’s East coast
- As India is preparing to evacuate 800,000 people in eastern India, it seems that the movement of
Cyclone Faniis visible on a free global map of wind.
- The open-source tracking site for wind, weather and ocean Earth.nullschool is showing the live movement of Cyclone Fani.
A global website that tracks real-time movement of wind patterns has put out the movement of Cyclone Fani, which is set to make landfall in India on May 3.
Anyone with an internet connection can track and identify the wind patterns and speed in a particular area. Visit Earth.nullschool to see the speed, location and wind patterns of Cyclone Fani hovering near Odisha. The images give a clear idea of the threat and potential destruction coming along with the cyclone.
To watch the live video visit https://earth.nullschool.net
The authorities have also been planning massive evacuation process ahead of the landfall of cyclonic storm 'Fani' in Odisha coast, even as Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday appealed people not to panic over the cyclone
Nearly 800,000 people would be evacuated from low-lying coastal areas to safer places in the state. 'Fani' is likely to hit the state's coast in Puri district on Friday evening.
Cyclone 'Fani', which has turned into an "extreme severe cyclonic" storm, is located around 225 kms south-southeast of Visakhapatnam and around 430 kms south-southwest of Puri, said the India Meteorological Department.
Popular on BI
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- China now bails out countries after pushing them into 'debt-trap'
- IPL 2023 – schedule, how to watch IPL for free, venues, new rules and more
- Fired H1B visa holders have 'multiple options', wrong to assume they have to leave in 60 days: USCIS director
- NSE, BSE put Adani Green Energy under second stage of longterm ASM framework from Mar 28
- Two multibagger stocks under Nifty500 doubled investors money in last six months