This mobile advertising startup can give stiff competition to the likes of InMobi
AdvertisementDigital advertising is the future of the industry. However, pop-up ads and unwanted re-directs often ruin the user experience. The same goes for gaming. While people love playing engaging games, the obtrusive ads that pop up randomly irritate, annoy and finally turn off gamers. GreedyGame is looking to change all that.
Bangalore-based GreedyGame Media Pvt Ltd was founded in the year 2013 by
How do they do it?
In-game objects like the background, characters and so on are blended seamlessly with ads, These dynamic native ads helps engage audiences even while they are playing their games. This will empower game developers to monetize their game development though non-intrusive advertising, and gamers won’t complain!
GreedyGame is working with over 50 games in India. The likes of Nazara, Reliance, Games2win, Octro, Nextwave, Hungama and Disney in the gaming industry, and brands like PepsiCo, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Gatorade, Vespa, Airtel, Fastrack, EA, Amazon and Marico, among others have worked with them.
With over 1 million daily active users, Best Marketing Spark award (2015-2016) from Marico and recognition as a Madlabs partner company, this startup has a lot under its belt.
How are they selling?
GreedyGame has a differential pricing model based on internal analytics of user interaction, engagement and complexity of the game. It charges on the number of sessions, including a cost per session.
A session starts only after the end-user has crossed 60 seconds of gameplay, with the platform usually charging $8-10 for every 1,000 sessions. Currently, the company claims to have reached over a million users.
In September 2015, the firm raised a seed fund of $200,000 from Times Internet and other angels like ex-Flipkart heads Ankit Nagori and Sujeet Kumar among others.
GreedyGame recently appointed Samuel John to the role of Head of Operations. John was previously the Director of Operations at InMobi. His experience has driven InMobi’s international operations plans, and GreedyGame is looking to leverage the same.
In the coming six months, the startup is looking to expand its operations to Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
According to media reports, mobile advertising in India has grown from a $25-million market in 2011 to $70-$80 million in 2015. Industry estimates say companies are spending 2-4% of their overall media advertising budgets on mobile ads, and it’s growing at a hefty 60-70% annually.
Popular on BI
- ‘Padman of 2022’: Shark Peyush Bansal offers founder of women’s hygiene startup PadCare a blank cheque
- Gautam Adani lost $52 billion in 6 days. That's over 3 times what Sam Bankman-Fried lost in a similar timeframe.
- A 45-year-old biotech CEO may have reduced his biological age by at least 5 years through a rigorous medical program that can cost up to $2 million a year, Bloomberg reported
- Measures in place to address excess volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months
- Vani Jayaram, the voice behind 10,000 songs, passes away at 78
- Not the first time FPO is taken back, won't affect image of the country: FM