This mobile advertising startup can give stiff competition to the likes of InMobi
AdvertisementDigital advertising is the future of the industry. However, pop-up ads and unwanted re-directs often ruin the user experience. The same goes for gaming. While people love playing engaging games, the obtrusive ads that pop up randomly irritate, annoy and finally turn off gamers. GreedyGame is looking to change all that.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
Bangalore-based GreedyGame Media Pvt Ltd was founded in the year 2013 by
How do they do it?
In-game objects like the background, characters and so on are blended seamlessly with ads, These dynamic native ads helps engage audiences even while they are playing their games. This will empower game developers to monetize their game development though non-intrusive advertising, and gamers won’t complain!
GreedyGame is working with over 50 games in India. The likes of Nazara, Reliance, Games2win, Octro, Nextwave, Hungama and Disney in the gaming industry, and brands like PepsiCo, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Gatorade, Vespa, Airtel, Fastrack, EA, Amazon and Marico, among others have worked with them.
With over 1 million daily active users, Best Marketing Spark award (2015-2016) from Marico and recognition as a Madlabs partner company, this startup has a lot under its belt.
How are they selling?
GreedyGame has a differential pricing model based on internal analytics of user interaction, engagement and complexity of the game. It charges on the number of sessions, including a cost per session.
A session starts only after the end-user has crossed 60 seconds of gameplay, with the platform usually charging $8-10 for every 1,000 sessions. Currently, the company claims to have reached over a million users.
In September 2015, the firm raised a seed fund of $200,000 from Times Internet and other angels like ex-Flipkart heads Ankit Nagori and Sujeet Kumar among others.
GreedyGame recently appointed Samuel John to the role of Head of Operations. John was previously the Director of Operations at InMobi. His experience has driven InMobi’s international operations plans, and GreedyGame is looking to leverage the same.
In the coming six months, the startup is looking to expand its operations to Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
According to media reports, mobile advertising in India has grown from a $25-million market in 2011 to $70-$80 million in 2015. Industry estimates say companies are spending 2-4% of their overall media advertising budgets on mobile ads, and it’s growing at a hefty 60-70% annually.
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar