“Welcome to the future” – The first day of the Business Insider Global Trends Festival discusses the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on business
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Register for the Global Trends Festival here.
Over 250 prominent speakers will appear on the event's five virtual stages, made up of a global stage and four regional stages (United States, Europe Warsaw, Europe Berlin, and Asia/Pacific in New Delhi and Tokyo).
Who can you see on the Business Insider Global Trends Festival stages during the first day of the conference?
On Monday, October 19, the global stage will host: Henry Blodget, CEO of Insider Inc.; Nouriel Roubini, world-famed economist who predicted the 2008 crisis; Werner Baumann, CEO of Bayer AG; Özgür Burak Akkol, CEO of MESS; Hiltrud Dorothea Werner, Member of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG for Integrity and Legal Affairs; Gisbert Rühl, CEO of Klöckner & Co SE; Michael Miebach, Designated CEO of Mastercard; Manny Maceda, CEO of Bain & Company; Lord Grimstone of Boscobel, UK’s Minister for Investment; Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman of Aditya Birla Group; Adena T. Friedman, CEO of NASDAQ; Roksana Ciurysek-Gedir, Artist, Banker and Founder of Possible X; and Josina von dem Bussche-Kessel, Global Sales Director at Fabergé.
On the Europe Warsaw Stage attendees will find: Jovan Protić, COO, Ringier Axel Springer Media; Nassim Nicholas Taleb, professor of New York University, author of bestselling books “Black Swan” and “Antifragile"; Margarete Schramböck, Federal Minister for Digital and Economic Affairs, Austria; Paweł Borys, CEO of the Polish Development Fund; Kelvin Tay, Managing Director, Regional Chief Investment Officer at UBS Global Wealth Management and Grzegorz Zawada, Head of Investments and Private Banking Division at Bank PKO Bank Polski.
The Europe Berlin Stage will host: Markus Duesmann, CEO of AUDI; Dr. Philipp Peitsch, CEO of idealo; Alexa von Bismarck, Country Manager of Adyen, Germany; Thomas Plantenga, CEO of Vinted; Tarek Müller, CEO of About You; Ambassador Prof. Wolfgang Ischinger, Chairman, Munich Security Conference; Shéhérazade Semsar - de Boisséson, CEO of Politico EU; Dr. Nick Redman, Director of Analysis Oxford Analytica; and Shada Islam, Brussels-based specialist on European Union affairs.
“Welcome to the future” on the United States Stage will include presentations by Kamila Chytil, COO of Moneygram; Helen Shan, CFO of Factset; Phil Snow, CEO of Factset; Simon Freakley, CEO of AlixPartners; Steve Voorhees, CEO of Westrock; and Lee Olesky, CEO of Tradeweb.
The Asia/Pacific Stage in New Delhi and Tokyo will welcome attendees of the first day of the conference with presentations by: Rishi Jaitly, CEO, Times Bridge;
For a detailed scheduled and more information on the speakers please visit our website
You can register on our event platform and create profile to enjoy uninterrupted streaming of the event
Kumar Mangalam Birla will share the secrets behind successful acquisitions at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Hear from the fashion icon Sabyasachi, on the concept of luxury and the future of fashion, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Catch Lord Adair Turner, the technocrat who is devising ways and means to move towards a zero-carbon economy, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down