Kumar Mangalam Birla will share the secrets behind successful acquisitions at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Register for the Global Trends Festival here.
An anecdote goes that when
The most significant mindset change he brought was bringing in meritocracy and retiring vice presidents who were 60 years old. There were 350 of them! After that, he modernised the age-old financial reporting business model and consolidated it into the metals-to-telecom and financial services empire that stands tall today. The results are more than evident; these very businesses' value has grown 25 times.
Kumar Mangalam Birla believes that failure is not fatal; it is inevitable. And the lack of failure suggests that one is only not taking enough risks. One must never fear failure but instead learn from it. And there lies the success mantra for any business to thrive.
The media-shy billionaire is widely known for his global vision, and he holds a little known record of sorts. Kumar Mangalam Birla has been the architect of over 40 acquisitions both nationally and internationally. No other Indian multinational company has managed this feat. These acquisitions added value and catapulted the businesses to a leadership position in their respective sectors.
The group's grandest purchase to date remains the $6 billion acquisition of Novelis by Hindalco in 2007. Over time, the asset has yielded dividends that allowed Hindalco to veer towards high margin products in a volatile business like metals.
So what is on the coveted investment checklist of this successful billionaire? On the global stage, Kumar Mangalam Birla will share some secrets behind his success at the Global Trends Festival 2020.
Hear from the fashion icon Sabyasachi, on the concept of luxury and the future of fashion, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Catch Lord Adair Turner, the technocrat who is devising ways and means to move towards a zero-carbon economy, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Catch Kiran Mazumdar Shaw at the Global Trends Festival 2020, speak about unlocking India's suppressed potential
Hear and learn from Byju Raveendran, the man who made online classes fun, years before COVID, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala