Airtel picks up a stake in cloud communications startup Waybeo, which builds AI-based telecom solutions
- Indian telecom giant Airtel has picked up a strategic stake in Trivandrum-based cloud telephony startup Waybeo.
- This is the fifth startup to be inducted into the Airtel Startup Accelerator program.
- Waybeo also works on AI-powered call tracking for sales and marketing.
AdvertisementIndian telecom giant Airtel has picked up a strategic stake in Trivandrum-based cloud telephony startup Waybeo. This is the fifth startup to be inducted into the Airtel Startup Accelerator program.
“Cloud technologies are transforming the way businesses serve and delight their customers. We are thrilled to onboard Waybeo to our Startup Accelerator program and provide them a platform to scale up their technologies as part of Airtel’s world-class cloud services ecosystem,” said Adarsh Nair, Chief Product Officer, Bharti Airtel in a statement.
Airtel Startup accelerator program
|Startups inducted||Vahan, Quikmile, Voicezen, Lattu Kids and Waybeo|
The 11-year old startup Waybeo focusses on deep AI-based analytics for cloud telephony, which is the technology that moves your business phone system to the cloud. It also works on AI-powered call tracking for sales and marketing.
“We are really focused on enterprise adoption for our call intelligence tools. Most of the enterprises drive hundreds of thousands of phone calls a month. There is no analytics, no automation, and no means to optimize the customer experience. We look at strategic investment from Airtel as an opportunity to scale our technology and enterprise reach,” said Krishnan RV, CEO, Waybeo, in a statement.
Waybeo already has clients like HP, Royal Enfield, Ford, among others.
Reliance Jio is now twice as valued as Airtel that is down 25% from its peak in May
BYJU’S onboards new investors – edtech decacorn’s paid subscriber base jumps by a million in a month
INTERVIEW: CAMS CEO says they are actively hiring through the pandemic
Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Retail gets its second investment in two weeks – KKR invests ₹5,550 crore
Popular on BI
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- DGCA slaps ₹10L fine on Go Air for leaving behind 55 passengers at B'luru airport
- Vedanta Q3 net profit drops 41% on higher input costs
- ED attaches 32 properties worth ₹70 crore in fraudulent TDS refund case
- RRR surpasses Cruise’s Top Gun 2 & Spielberg’s The Fabelmans in the top 10 movies of 2022
- Weekend OTTs: Ayushmann Khurrana’s ‘An Action Hero’ to ghost hunts with ‘Lockwood and Co’