Airtel vs Jio vs Vodafone Idea postpaid plans compared
Business Insider India
- Airtel, Jio and Vodafone Idea offer several postpaid plans.
- We look at the data benefit, SMS and other benefits offered in these plans.
- Here is a comparison of the best postpaid plans you can choose from.
If you are a new postpaid user or a prepaid user looking to shift to postpaid, this post will help you decide which plan is appropriate for you and which telecom provider to choose between Airtel, Reliance Jio and Vodafone Idea (Vi).
Best postpaid plans under ₹500
AdvertisementThese plans are suitable for users who do not require a lot of data or have a Wi-Fi connection and only require a limited amount of data when they go out.
|Airtel ₹399||40GB||100 per day||Unlimited||Airtel Xstream|
|Airtel ₹499||75GB||100 per day||Unlimited||Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, Airtel Xstream and Handset protection|
|Jio ₹399||75GB||100 per day||Unlimited||Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar and JioTV|
|Vi ₹399||40GB||100 per month||Unlimited||Vi Movies and TV|
|Vi ₹499||75GB||100 per month||Unlimited||Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar and Vi Movies and TV|
While Airtel and Vodafone Idea both offer two plans under ₹500, Jio offers only one plan. It is to be noted that while the ₹399 plan from Vi offers 40GB data normally, it is currently available with an additional 150GB data for users ordering online.
If we only look at the data offered and set aside the limited time promotion from Vi, Jio offers the most benefit at 75GB data for ₹399.
Coming to additional benefits, Jio once again offers the most benefits with its ₹399 plan as users get access to Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+ Hotstar in addition to Jio TV.
Best postpaid plans under ₹1,000
AdvertisementThese plans are suitable for users who require a lot of data, especially users who like to stream content from apps and play multiplayer games that require mobile internet data.
|Airtel ₹999||150GB||100 per day||Unlimited||Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, Airtel Xstream and Handset protection|
|Jio ₹599||100GB||100 per day||Unlimited||Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar and JioTV|
|Jio ₹799||150GB||100 per day||Unlimited||Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar and JioTV|
|Jio ₹999||200GB||100 per day||Unlimited||Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar and JioTV|
|Vi ₹699||Unlimited||100 per month||Unlimited||Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar and Vi Movies and TV|
If we look at these plans, in terms of data, Vodafone Idea offers the most value as it offers unlimited data with its ₹699 plan. One of the downsides of this plan is that it offers only 100 SMS per month, while the other two telcos offer 100 SMs per day.
Jio once again has the most value in terms of additional benefits, offering subscription to Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+ Hotstar. While Vodafone Idea and Airtel do not offer Netflix subscriptions, users get access to Prime Video and Disney+ Hotstar.
Best postpaid plans above ₹1,000
These plans are designed for premium users and offer a great amount of data and access to several benefits.
|Airtel ₹1,599||500GB||100 per day||Unlimited + 200 ISD minutes||Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, Airtel Xstream and Handset protection|
|Jio ₹1,499||300GB||100 per day||Unlimited||Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar and JioTV|
|Vi ₹1,099||Unlimited||100 per month||Unlimited||Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, Vi Movies and TV and 4 lounge access|
AdvertisementThe ₹1,099 plan from Vodafone Idea offers the most value for money and does not have any cap on the data. In addition to this, it comes with 4 domestic and international airport lounge access, making it a good option for frequent travelers.
The ₹1,599 plan from Airtel comes with 200 ISD minutes, making it a good option if you need to make international calls.
Jio is slowing down in the race to 500 million subscribers – a goal set by none other than Mukesh Ambani
Vodafone Idea hikes tariffs by up to ₹500 for its popular plans
Airtel’s popular prepaid plans may now cost you up to 25% more
Popular on BI
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- Messenger chief Stan Chudnovsky to depart from Meta next year
- Users spend $133 billion on apps as Apple’s App Store continues to lead revenue shares
- U.S.Polo Assn. ropes in Arjun Rampal as its brand ambassador
- Surgical care startup Pristyn Care is the 42nd startup to be valued over a billion dollars in India this year
- Every Publicis Groupe employee will be able to work anywhere in the world for up to six weeks in 2022