Airtel, Reliance Jio announce free recharge packs and benefits for subscribers – check out which telco has the best offers
Airtel / Reliance Jio
- BenefitsIndia’s leading telecom providers, Airtel and Reliance Jio have announced free recharge packs and benefits for low-income customers.
- Airtel will roll out free recharge packs to millions of customers over this week.
- Jio’s COVID-19 benefits are already rolling out to eligible subscribers.
- Check out which company’s COVID-19 benefits are the best.
AdvertisementAirtel and Reliance Jio, India’s top two telecom providers have announced free recharge packs and benefits for low-income customers impacted by COVID-19.
The announcements from both the telcos are aimed at low-income customers. Airtel has revealed that this will benefit 55 million customers out of its user base of nearly 350 million. Jio, on the other hand, has not revealed exactly how many users will be benefited.
Airtel free recharge packs and benefits
According to Airtel’s announcement, it will provide a free recharge pack of ₹49 to 55 million subscribers, mostly in rural India. The ₹49 recharge pack offers talktime worth ₹38 and validity of 28 days. We will update the exact details of the roll out once Airtel reveals more information in this regard.
Apart from this, subscribers who recharge with the ₹79 pack will get double benefits. This means subscribers will now get 400MB of data and ₹256 worth talktime. Validity will likely remain at 28 days.
In total, Airtel has revealed that its free recharge packs and benefits will be worth ₹270 crore.
JioPhone users to get free minutes every month
On the other hand, Reliance Jio has announced that its JioPhone users will get 300 minutes of outgoing calls per month for free during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Jio has not specified exactly how many months it will give these free minutes for.
Apart from this, JioPhone users will also get a ‘buy one, get one’ offer on all JioPhone plans offered by the company. So, if you recharge with the ₹75 pack, you will get an additional subscription of ₹75 for free.
Which offers are the most beneficial?
It’s hard to quantify which offers provide more benefits, given that they are different packages with unique benefits.
However, both Airtel and Jio have low-cost plans, some of which are listed below:
|0.1GB per day, unlimited calls
|0.5GB per day, unlimited calls
|200MB data, ₹128 talktime
|2GB data, unlimited calls
|1GB data, unlimited calls
Airtel shines as price hikes, healthy subscriber growth and Jio’s disappointing performance send the stock rallying
Reliance Jio is making less money off its subscribers than it did 12 months ago
Vodafone Idea shares up by 10% as it adds subscribers for the first time in 15 months – Airtel, Reliance Jio expand their user base
Popular on BI
- Which countries are most affected by severe seismic activity? New earthquake metric provides fresh perspective
- Exicom Tele-Systems to raise ₹429 cr via IPO; sets price band at ₹135-142/share
- Kawasaki Ninja 500 sports bike launched in India at ₹5.24 lakh
- Vodafone Idea board to meet on Feb 27 to consider fundraising proposal
- Stocks rebound: Sensex jumps over 500 points, Nifty hits fresh high