Reliance Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone Idea best 3GB data per day plans
- Over 600 million users in India rely on mobile data to connect to the internet, while only 19 million households have a broadband connection.
- With India under a 21-day lockdown, mobile data has come to the rescue of nearly half of the country’s population.
- While all three telcos have high FUP plans, Airtel and Vodafone Idea offer better value for money as compared to Jio.
AdvertisementIndia is currently under a 21-day nationwide lockdown to control the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic. While the lockdown is scheduled to end on April 14, there have been reports that several state governments want to extend the lockdown.
With people stuck at home, their internet usage has gone up over the past few days, be it for remote working, online classes or entertainment. Over 630 million users in India rely on mobile data to connect to the internet and with low FUP limits, users have to worry about exhausting it.
Best 3GB data per day plan
To help you get your work done and get your daily dose of entertainment, you can select a 3GB data plan that is offered by telcos. In this post, we look at the 3GB data plans from the different telcos.
Plans with 28 days validity
|Reliance Jio||₹ 349||28 days||1,000 non-Jio minutes|
|Airtel||₹ 398||28 days||Unlimited|
|Vodafone Idea||₹ 398||28 days||Unlimited|
While Reliance Jio’s 3GB data per day plan is cheaper than Airtel and Vodafone Idea, it offers limited off-net calling. Jio is offering 1,000 minutes of non-Jio calls. So, if you are only looking for data and are okay with the 1,000 minutes, it is better to go for Reliance Jio’s plan.
Plans with 56 days validity
|Airtel||₹ 558||56 days||Unlimited|
|Vodafone Idea||₹ 558||56 days||Unlimited|
Reliance Jio does not have a 3GB data per day plan with 56 days validity. The one month cost for the plans from Airtel and Vodafone Idea comes down to ₹279 per month when you opt for the 56 days plan.
If we look at all the plans, the 56 days plan from Airtel and Vodafone Idea offer the most benefit. We suggest users to opt for this plan if they are looking for plans that offer higher data limits.
Modi government is considering extending lockdown beyond April 14
Airtel and Vodafone Idea's annual plans offer better value than Reliance Jio
Here is a list of bank ATMs that allow you to recharge your Jio, Airtel, and Vodafone numbers
Mobile recharges are the latest victim of the lockdown, down by 35%
Popular on BI
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts