Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Reliance Jio has hiked the tariff of its plans by up to 21%.
- The company’s new plans will come into effect from December 1, 2021.
- Here are the new plans from Reliance Jio.
After Airtel and Vodafone Idea, Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio today revised its tariffs, hiking the prices of its plans by up to 21%. The company’s base plan now starts at ₹91.
“In line with its commitment to further strengthen a sustainable telecom industry, where every Indian is empowered with a true digital life, Jio today announced its new unlimited plans, the company said in a statement.
The new plans from Jio will go live starting from December 1, 2021. Here is a detailed breakdown of the revised plans from Reliance Jio.
Reliance Jio new prepaid plans
|Current tariff||Revised tariff||Increase||% increase|
Earlier this month, Airtel and Vodafone Idea had also announced a tariff hike, increasing the prices of their plans by up to 25%.
The base plan will now cost ₹91, up from the current price of ₹75. The popular ₹55 plan will now cost users ₹666, an increase of ₹111. The price of the annual plan has been increased by nearly ₹500 and will now cost ₹2,879.
The last major tariff revision was in December 2019, when the three telcos, Airtel, Vodafone and Jio announced a tariff hike.
Jio is slowing down in the race to 500 million subscribers – a goal set by none other than Mukesh Ambani
Vodafone Idea hikes tariffs by up to ₹500 for its popular plans
Airtel vs Jio vs Vodafone Idea postpaid plans compared
Popular on BI
- Apple 'fully resumed' advertising on Twitter, says Musk
- Investment intent of ₹10.5 lakh crore received at Odisha biz summit
- Foreign investors upgrade India as dedicated allocation in investment portfolios, say equity experts
- Postpartum depression in mothers can have serious consequences on the child’s health and development
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh