Here's a list of courses to kick start your career in the fast-growing augmented reality industry
Augmented Reality(AR), which is most popularly known for its use in gaming, is a technology that places a virtual 3D image into the real world.
- India’s augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) market stood at $1.83 billion in FY2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 38.29% until FY2027, according to a report by TechSci Research.
- The report also highlights that India’s AR & VR market is expected to witness robust growth in the next five years.
AdvertisementAugmented Reality (AR), which is most popularly known for its use in gaming, is a technology that places a virtual 3D image into the real world. This gives the users an appearance of a virtual object to co-exist in the real world. Other than gaming apps, distinct implementations of AR are nowadays also used in many sectors like manufacturing, insurance, education and more. Apps like Snapchat, Pokemon Go, shopping apps like Nykka are some common examples that use AR in some way.
India’s augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) market stood at $1.83 billion in FY2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 38.29% until FY2027, according to a report by TechSci Research, a global market research and management consulting firm based in Noida.
The report also highlights that India’s AR & VR market is expected to witness robust growth in the next five years owing to rising adoption of technology in diverse portfolio sectors including content generation, engineering and technology, and development of virtual applications for electronic devices to create customizable content.
One can build a career in this fast-growing industry, starting with some online courses which can give you an insight into the market or introduce you to the basics, at least.
These are some free online courses for starters who wish to dip their toe in the world of AR —
1. Introduction to Augmented Reality and ARCore by Coursera
This is a four-week course that will teach the basic fundamentals of AR and how to build an AR experience using ARCore. This course will break down complex AR concepts which can make them easy to understand. The course is great for beginners who are just getting started with AR or ARCore.
2.Work with augmented reality (AR) and the web by edX
The course will teach you how to build AR apps with Xcode and look at the different ways to integrate web content into your iOS apps. To complete the course, you will need access to an Apple Mac computer or laptop with macOS10.15 and Xcode 12 support.
3. Augmented Reality 101 — AR foundation basics by Udemy
This course will help you create a simple object spawning application that allows users to place virtual objects based on their physical environment using their android or iOS device’s camera. After doing this course, you will be able to create more robust augmented reality apps and games and join a growing, in-demand industry of developers.
4. AR development techniques 01: Basic concepts by Linkedin Learning
AdvertisementThis course, which is the first in a four-part series, will teach you about the basic techniques of AR application development using Unity and AR Foundation. It will also talk about the difference between AR, virtual reality and mixed reality.
5. Augmented Reality Basics: How to make AR drawing?
This course is ideal for AR designers, this will tell you how to turn a sketch on paper into an interactive art piece using Unity, Augmented Reality, and Vuforia. The course primarily focuses on designing and its techniques, tools and methods used by professional designers.
This HCL career program can help engineering freshers to get a job with a minimum package of ₹2.75 lakh
Amazon Great Indian Festival: month-long festive sale kicks off from October 4 onwards
Popular on BI
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- All 81 movies based on Marvel comics, ranked according to critics
- EY and Deloitte are scrutinizing staff workloads and quietly letting some workers go, report says
- Audio series catch on as Indians spend up to 1.5 hours per day listening to them
- Family Business Succession Planning
- Delhi govt issues guidelines for handling end-of-life vehicles in public places
- Signal launches usernames to keep your phone number private
- Body-adapting bras, reusable period panties & more help this startup bag ₹80 lakh from 'sharks'