State police jobs, bridge crash courses and skills certificates – to aid careers of Agniveers
- As per the Agnipath programme, youth between the ages of 17.5 and 21 can apply, and 45,000-50,000 will be recruited each year.
- The released
Agniveerswill receive a financially stable pay package and a retirement package of ₹ 11.71 lakh as the Seva Nidhi Package on their exit, which will be exempt from Income Tax.
- The released youth from Agnipath will be provided skills certificates and bridge crash courses, with the impetus to make them entrepreneurs in their area of interest.
AdvertisementIndian youth who choose to be a part of India’s new transformative recruitment for the forces – already have job offers and benefits awaiting them. Unlike earlier, in this format, Agniveers will work for the three armed forces for four years including training – as personnel below the officer rank (PBOR).
Apart from the many benefits that are a part of the Seva Nidhi package, a lot of states including
After they leave the forces, the government is also looking to ensure that the training they receive will also aid their education as well. The released youth from Agnipath will be provided skills certificates and bridge crash courses, with the impetus to make them entrepreneurs in their area of interest.
“We are in an advanced stage of discussion with various educational institutions to ensure these Agniveers get advantage with one step higher degree/diploma than the qualification they come with. Secondly, we are looking at skill mapping. The
As per the Agnipath programme, youth between the ages of 17.5 and 21 can apply, and 45,000-50,000 will be recruited each year. After four years of cadetship, only 25% of the total yearly recruits will be able to stay under permanent commission for another 15 years. And the other 75% of the cadets will be released, and the selected Agniveers will have an option to get discharged from the army if they do not wish to continue after four years.
The released Agniveers will receive a financially stable pay package and a retirement package of ₹ 11.71 lakh as the Seva Nidhi Package on their exit, which will be exempt from Income Tax. However, there will be no pensionary benefits after the four years of service.
The Agnipath scheme will directly increase high-skilled professionals in the society, resulting in an increase in GDP and a highly productive economy, the government said.
All about the Agnipath recruitment scheme for the armed forces
BSF troops fire on Pakistani drone spotted in the Jammu district, probe initiated
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months