List of essential services operational during a lockdown
- The Indian government has announced lockdown in 80 districts across the country to control the Coronavirus outbreak.
- The lockdown will be in effect till March 31.
- Section 144 of CrPC has also been imposed in several parts of the country, including Delhi and Maharashtra.
To keep the spread of Coronavirus in check, 22 Indian states have announced lockdown in 80 districts till March 31. During this period, all movement and services are banned. However, the following list of essential services will continue to be operational in this period.
Note that while most of these services will be the same for all states, there could be minor differences in the official wording.
List of essential services during the lockdown
- Supply of Groceries (wholesalers and retailers)
- Supply of Fresh fruits and vegetables (mandis and retailers)
- Supply of drinking water
- Dispensing of petrol, diesel at designated pumps
- Milk shops and dairies and related products
- Food processing units
- Supply of cattle feed and fodder
- Medicines and other pharmaceuticals (retailers, wholesalers and manufacturing)
- Banks and ATMs
- Supply of LPG (domestic and commercial)
- Health services (including movement of staff thereof)
- Manufacturing of health and medical equipment
- Telecom operators and their designated agencies
- Post offices
- Loading and unloading of Wheat and Rice at FCI and State Food depots.
- Transportation of essential commodities through National and State Highways (Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Milk, Vegetables, Fruits, groceries, FC1 supplies etc.)
Coronavirus lockdown in India: List of states and districts under lockdown in India
Spectacular images show how millions of Indians clapped and banged utensils following Modi’s coronavirus message
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
Popular on BI
- Yatra Online stock slips below its issue price on listing
- Prunes: Nature's sweet secret to wellness
- A good season ahead for cement companies with price hikes
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights
- Startup funding hits a 5-year low in July-September quarter