Samsung's 108-megapixel camera lens will make its first appearance on a Xiaomi phone
- Xiaomi disclosed that it will be the first company to use
Samsung's 108-megapixel camera lens on its phones.
- This means the images will be as big as 12,032 x 9,024 pixels.
- The phone is expected to launch in 2020.
Xiaomi has announced that it is going to be the first smartphone manufacturer to put Samsung's 108-megapixel camera sensor or lens on a phone during one of its briefings in China.
Big news: Xiaomi announced that it will first adopt Samsung's 108MP ISOCELL CMOS! https://t.co/XvA8X4UzRn— Ice universe (@Iceuniverse3) 1565161869000
An 108-megapixel camera lens may sound exciting on paper, producing an image that measures 12,032 x 9,024 pixels, but it doesn't dictate the quality of the camera.
Last month, the same tipster — IceUniverse — also shared an image of a phone with a 108-megapixel camera and 10x zoom pegged to launch in 2020.
By the way, next year you will see on your smartphone: a 10x optical zoom camera and a 108MP camera. https://t.co/885cwXHPQe— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) 1563276972000
At the time, most users assumed that it was Samsung next offering — the Galaxy Note 10 — due to the punch hole display in the render shared.
But if Xiaomi's briefing is to be believed, Samsung might not be the first smartphone maker out the gate with a 108 megapixel camera at the helm.
The launch of phones with 108 megapixel cameras is also in line with Credit Suisse's expectations of seeing them launch in 2020.
Redmi Note 8 is coming soon and it will be 'much stronger' than a door
AdvertisementYou can now buy Redmi K20 and K20 Pro any time — no more waiting for flash sales
Xiaomi India MD explains why the K20 Pro couldn't be cheaper in India than in China
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling