Samsung's 108-megapixel camera lens will make its first appearance on a Xiaomi phone
- Xiaomi disclosed that it will be the first company to use
Samsung's 108-megapixel camera lens on its phones.
- This means the images will be as big as 12,032 x 9,024 pixels.
- The phone is expected to launch in 2020.
Xiaomi has announced that it is going to be the first smartphone manufacturer to put Samsung's 108-megapixel camera sensor or lens on a phone during one of its briefings in China.
Big news: Xiaomi announced that it will first adopt Samsung's 108MP ISOCELL CMOS! https://t.co/XvA8X4UzRn— Ice universe (@Iceuniverse3) 1565161869000
Last month, the same tipster — IceUniverse — also shared an image of a phone with a 108-megapixel camera and 10x zoom pegged to launch in 2020.
By the way, next year you will see on your smartphone: a 10x optical zoom camera and a 108MP camera. https://t.co/885cwXHPQe— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) 1563276972000
At the time, most users assumed that it was Samsung next offering — the Galaxy Note 10 — due to the punch hole display in the render shared.
But if Xiaomi's briefing is to be believed, Samsung might not be the first smartphone maker out the gate with a 108 megapixel camera at the helm.
The launch of phones with 108 megapixel cameras is also in line with Credit Suisse's expectations of seeing them launch in 2020.
You can now buy Redmi K20 and K20 Pro any time — no more waiting for flash sales
Xiaomi India MD explains why the K20 Pro couldn't be cheaper in India than in China
- The enormous gap between Vodafone Idea on one hand, Airtel and Jio on the other
- Amazon Freedom Sale 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones
- Amazon Great Freedom Festival: Top offers and deals on smartphones
- Amazon Freedom Sale 2021: Best deals and offers on speakers
- Amazon Great Freedom Festival sale: Top offers and deals on electronics