Samsung's 108-megapixel camera lens will make its first appearance on a Xiaomi phone
- Xiaomi disclosed that it will be the first company to use
Samsung's 108-megapixel camera lens on its phones.
- This means the images will be as big as 12,032 x 9,024 pixels.
- The phone is expected to launch in 2020.
Xiaomi has announced that it is going to be the first smartphone manufacturer to put Samsung's 108-megapixel camera sensor or lens on a phone during one of its briefings in China.
Big news: Xiaomi announced that it will first adopt Samsung's 108MP ISOCELL CMOS! https://t.co/XvA8X4UzRn— Ice universe (@Iceuniverse3) 1565161869000
An 108-megapixel camera lens may sound exciting on paper, producing an image that measures 12,032 x 9,024 pixels, but it doesn't dictate the quality of the camera.
Last month, the same tipster — IceUniverse — also shared an image of a phone with a 108-megapixel camera and 10x zoom pegged to launch in 2020.
By the way, next year you will see on your smartphone: a 10x optical zoom camera and a 108MP camera. https://t.co/885cwXHPQe— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) 1563276972000
At the time, most users assumed that it was Samsung next offering — the Galaxy Note 10 — due to the punch hole display in the render shared.
But if Xiaomi's briefing is to be believed, Samsung might not be the first smartphone maker out the gate with a 108 megapixel camera at the helm.
The launch of phones with 108 megapixel cameras is also in line with Credit Suisse's expectations of seeing them launch in 2020.
Redmi Note 8 is coming soon and it will be 'much stronger' than a door
Xiaomi India MD explains why the K20 Pro couldn't be cheaper in India than in China
- Best OnePlus smartphone 2022: which OnePlus phone is best for you?
- The world is on the verge of a food crisis - access and availability both
- Infosys is the most favourite mutual fund stock – find out the eight others
- Ola may end up firing another 500 people to save up costs
- West Bengal government pushes go green initiative on Hooghly ferries