A dental student on TikTok reveals how she can tell someone is pregnant just by looking in their mouth
- TikToker @thatdentalgal_ said your mouth may reveal you're pregnant.
- 30% to 50% of pregnant patients have
pregnancygingivitis, or swollen, sensitive gums.
- It's key to take care of your teeth in pregnancy, since gum disease is linked to preterm birth.
Fourth-year dental student Sukhmani, or @thatdentalgal_ on
While the severity of condition tends to be highest in the second trimester, it can crop up as early as eight weeks - earlier than many people are able to get an OB-GYN appointment to confirm their pregnancy.Taking care of your teeth during pregnancy is critical. Gingivitis can lead to the gum disease periodontitis, which has been linked to an increased risk of preterm birth.
People with pregnancy gingivitis should take care to brush their teeth twice daily, especially after vomiting from morning sickness; regularly rinse their mouths with warm salt water; eat healthfully; and visit their dentist at least once during those nine months.
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors
- Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins