Anti-vaxx mother and daughter contracted COVID-19 and died 2 weeks apart on the same hospital ward
- A mother and daughter died within weeks of each other after contracting COVID-19.
- Both refused the COVID-19 vaccine, with the mother sharing anti-vaxx misinformation on social media.
- "I never never thought in my life I would bury my daughter," the bereaved father told the BBC.
View all Offers
- 58% OFF
Noise ColorFit Ultra Bezel-Less Smart Watch with 1.75" HD TruView Display, 60 Sports Modes, SpO2, Heart Rate, Stress, REM & Sleep Monitor, Calls & SMS Quick Reply, Stock Market Info (Gunmetal Grey)₹ 2999₹ 2999Buy On
- 28% OFF
OPPO Health & Fitness Smart Watch(WiFi) 46mm, Heart Rate Monitor,Exercise Tracking,Dual-Curved Display, Up to 21 Days Battery Life(in Saver Mode), 4.85 cm (1.91") AMOLED Display, in-Built GPS（Gold）₹ 15990₹ 15990Buy On
- 30% OFF
ASUS TUF Gaming F15, 15.6-inch (39.62 cms) FHD 144Hz, Intel Core i5-10300H 10th Gen, GTX 1650 Ti GDDR6 4GB Graphics, Gaming Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB SSD/Windows 10/Fortress Gray/2.3 Kg), FX566LI-HN272T₹ 62490₹ 62490Buy On
- 14% OFF
HP Ink Tank 410 WiFi Colour Printer, Scanner and Copier for Home/Office, High Capacity Tank (4000 Black and 8000 Colour), Borderless Print₹ 12999₹ 12999Buy On
- 35% OFF
Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 Pro 11th Gen Intel Core i5 14"(35.56cm) QHD IPS 300Nits Thin & Light Laptop (16GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/MS Office/Backlit Keyboard/3Yr Warranty/Storm Grey/1.38Kg), 82L3009LIN₹ 66290₹ 66290Buy On
A mother and daughter in Belfast, Northern Ireland, have died from COVID-19 within two weeks of each other after refusing to take a vaccine.
The BBC reported that Sammie-Jo Forde, 32, a mother of four, died in the Ulster hospital on Saturday 11 September, on the same ward where her mother, Heather Maddern, 55, died on 31 August.
The pair, both care-workers, were anti-vaxxers, with the MailOnline reporting that Maddern had shared a significant amount of COVID-19 misinformation on her social media, including videos from Candace Owens and about nurses losing their jobs should they refuse the COVID-19 vaccines.
The pair leave behind a devastated family.
-Stephen Nolan (@StephenNolan) September 15, 2021
Forde's father, Kevin McAllister, told the BBC's Nolan Show: "This has just shattered my world. I've lost my daughter, my best friend." He said Forde, who had four children, and Maddern were "very, very close". "They worked together, they lived together, and they died together," he said.
"I never, never thought in my life I would bury my daughter," McAllister told the BBC, adding that he did not believe she had any underlying health conditions and was healthy until she contracted COVID.
"These people who are not taking the COVID-19 injection - they're not thinking of the other people that they leave behind," he said, explaining he didn't know why they refused the vaccine.
Alan Chambers, an Ulster Unionist Party MLA, who knows the bereaved family, told the Belfast Telegraph: "It's such shocking news, Sammie-Jo had four kids. Sammie-Jo was such a good mum to them."
As care workers, the mother and daughter would have been eligible for the vaccine from January 2021 onwards.
So far in the UK, over 80% of the eligible population have received both doses of their COVID-19 jabs, according to Government data.
- NCLAT approves resolution plan for Odisha Slurry Pipeline Infra
- Netflix continues to bet big on Korean content, announces its biggest lineup ever of more than 25 shows
- Parle Products launches a series of ads for Hide & Seek to establish the brand's identity as an enabler of first-time conversations
- Call of Duty, Diablo and Overwatch are among the major titles expected to be made available on Xbox Game Pass
- This year’s defence budget may focus on building submarines, drones, warships and aircraft carriers