Canada approves bivalent Moderna Spikevax booster that acts against Covid-19 and Omicron
According to a statement issued by the agency on Thursday, this vaccine, known as a "bivalent" vaccine, is authorised for use as a booster dose in individuals aged 18 years or above.
This is the first bivalent Covid-19 vaccine authorised in Canada, said the agency, adding that the bivalent Moderna Spikevax booster is safe and effective with the same mild adverse reactions that resolved quickly,
Clinical trial results showed that a booster dose of the bivalent Moderna Spikevax vaccine triggers a strong immune response against both Omicron (BA.1) and the original SARS-CoV-2 virus strain, the agency added.
It was also found to generate a good immune response against the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants, and is expected to extend the durability of protection, Health
SEE ALSO :
More than 34,000 Ganesh idols immersed in Mumbai on Day 2 of festival
Rupee falls 14 paise to 79.70 against US dollar in early trade
Popular on BI
- Cabinet approves royalty rates for mining of 12 critical minerals
- Paytm and Paytm Payments Bank mutually agree to discontinue various inter-company agreements
- Platinum Industries IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%