Demi Lovato said they are 'sober sober,' ditching their 'California sober' lifestyle
Demi Lovatosaid they are now "sober sober," rather than " California sober."
- Lovato previously said they were "California sober" in March, after their docuseries premiered, following their life leading up to their 2018 overdose.
Demi Lovato said they are currently "sober sober" and have quit consuming any alcohol or drugs, including
"I no longer support my California sober ways," Lovato posted on their Instagram story on Thursday. "Sober sober is the only way to be."
In March 2021, Lovato released their four-part docuseries "Dancing with the Devil" on YouTube detailing their life leading up to their overdose in 2018. Lovato said they were "done with the stuff that's going to kill me" in the docu-series, and later said they wanted to try a "Cali sober" approach to
"Telling myself I can never have a drink or smoke marijuana is setting myself up for failure because I am such a black-and-white thinker," they said in the series. "I had it drilled into my head for so many years that one drink was equivalent to a crack pipe."
Though there is no uniform definition of "Cali sober," Insider previously reported people who choose the lifestyle tend to only consume marijuana and cut out all other substances.
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights
- Startup funding hits a 5-year low in July-September quarter
- Mobile phone exports from India cross Rs 45,000 cr in April-Aug period, Apple leads
- Twinkle, Akshay pose with UK PM Rishi Sunak in London
- Troubles mount for Indian airlines, even in good times