Dr. Pimple Popper cut open a cyst she called 'Mount Gushmore,' and pus poured out instantly
- Dr. Sandra Lee, aka Dr.
Pimple Popper, treated a patient with a cheek cystshe dubbed "Mount Gushmore" because of its inflamed and explosive nature.
- After she created a small incision to drain the cyst, it spurted white liquid fat all on its own.
- Then Lee used her fingers, a blade, and scissors to remove the rest of the fat and the sac that held the cyst in place.
Dr. Pimple Popper pleased fans with cyst pop so satisfying she dubbed it "Mount Gushmore."
In a YouTube video posted last Wednesday, Dr. Sandra Lee examined the patient's silver-dollar-sized cheek cyst and said it felt firm.
Skin cysts can form for two reasons, according to Harvard
In the video, Lee said that she first saw a picture of the man's cyst in June and that it had grown significantly by his appointment in late October.
"It just squirted a little when I looked away, like it was speaking up," Lee said. Then she got to work.
To treat the man, Lee used a small blade to create a tiny incision on top of the cyst. Right away it spurted a thick white substance. Lee said the reaction happened quickly because the cyst was "under pressure" due to inflammation.
After the cyst drained a bit on its own, Lee used her fingers to squeeze on both sides of the growth's opening. More pus came out, along with a small amount of blood.
Next, Lee needed to remove the sac inside the cyst that held the fat buildup in place. She said this case was a difficult one because the patient's body "liquefied" the cyst and made the sac difficult to pinpoint.
But using a blade, tweezers, and scissors, Lee was able to trim away the sac and stitch up the incision.
Lee also gave the patient antibiotics to prevent infection, since the incision was about half an inch deep.
- Read more:
- Dr. Pimple Popper soothes the internet with her cyst-popping videos, but the celebrity dermatologist cuts more than skin deep
- Dr. Pimple Popper: How to prevent and treat face-mask acne
- Dr. Pimple Popper's summertime skincare routine includes a popular drugstore face wash
- Dr. Pimple Popper removed a cyst from under a woman's tattoo without disturbing the design
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts