Sun Pharma's Halol unit put under 'import alert' by USFDA
- As per information available on
BSE, Sun Pharmahad clocked revenue of Rs 15,585.98 crore in 2021-22.
- The development follows an inspection of the facility by the
US Food and Drug Administration( USFDA) from April 26 to May 9, 2022. Import alertimplies that all future shipments of products manufactured at this facility are subject to refusal of admission to the US market until the facility becomes compliant with cGMP.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd on Thursday said its Halol facility in
"We now wish to inform you that the company has received a communication from the USFDA stating that the facility has been listed under Import Alert," Sun Pharma said in a regulatory filing.
Import alert implies that all future shipments of products manufactured at this facility are subject to refusal of admission to the US market until the facility becomes compliant with cGMP (current good manufacturing practice) standards, it added.
The company further said, "The USFDA has excluded 14 products from this import alert subject to certain conditions."
For the year ended 31-March-2022, supplies to the US market from the Halol facility accounted for approximately 3 per cent of the company's consolidated revenues, including the 14 excluded products, it added.
As per information available on BSE, Sun Pharma had clocked revenue of Rs 15,585.98 crore in 2021-22.
Sun Pharma said it "continues to cooperate with the USFDA and will undertake all necessary steps to resolve these issues and to ensure that the regulator is completely satisfied with the company's remedial action".
SEE ALSO: FPIs invest over ₹36,000 crore in Indian equities in November – Financial services is top favourite
Wordle is the most googled topic in 2022, here's how it started and how to play it
Dyson’s futuristic air-purifying, noise-canceling headphones are ready to hit the market from January 2023
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media