The first advert to show new moms' lactating breasts is set to air during the Golden Globes
Frida Momhas launched a commercial thought to be the first showing lactating breasts.
- The ad shows the reality of
breastfeedingfor new moms, including raw nipples and painful clogs.
- It will air during the Golden Globes, a year after a previous ad was banned from the Oscars.
A female hygiene brand has released a
Frida Mom's "Stream of Lactation" advert is part of its new #sprayitforward campaign, which aims to raise awareness around the reality of being a new mother."Whether starting or stopping, breastfeeding is an emotional and physical journey full of highs and lows that many new moms are unprepared for," Frida Mom wrote alongside the video.
"The expectation that women prioritize milk-making above their own physical comfort is antithetical to the expectation that women continue for six months or more," Frida CEO Chelsea Hirschhorn said in a statement sent to Insider."The reality is that women are blindsided by the physicality of breastfeeding - raw nipples, uterine contractions, painful clogs - no one tells you that it can be as painful as your vaginal recovery. It's all part of the postpartum physical experience - but it never gets any air time because the end supposedly justifies the means. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive." A 30-second version of the advert is set to be shown during the Golden Globes on Sunday, Frida and NBC confirmed.
It comes after ABC banned a previous Frida advert -showing a new mom going to the bathroom - from airing during the 2020 Oscars due to being "too graphic with partial nudity," as Insider's Eleanor Goldberg reported.
Ann Scheiner, Senior Vice President of
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal says COVID-19 positivity rate has gone up to 30%, only 100 ICU beds left