Watch Dr. Pimple Popper unclog blackheads inside a patient's ear
- Dr. Pimple Popper shared a video where she unclogged a patient's ear blackheads using a looped metal tool called a comedone extractor.
- Some of the blackheads popped right when Dr. Pimple Popper applied pressure, while others were more stubborn and required she loosen them with a small blade first.
In the zoomed-in clip, Dr. Pimple Popper, whose real name is dermatologist Dr. Sandra Lee, used a comedone extractor, a looped metal tool, to push on the areas surrounding each blackhead.Blackheads are a type of acne that form when pores or hair follicles get clogged with sebum, a natural oil produced by the body. The sebum becomes black in color because when it touches the air, it oxidizes, Papri Sarkar, a dermatologist in Massachusetts, previously told Insider.
"You've got nice satisfying ones," Lee told her patient as a yellow and somewhat translucent glob of sebum gushed out of one pore.
For one more difficult-to-remove blackhead, Lee first used a small blade to gently lift the top portion of the blackhead, loosening it from the pore. The she was able to use the comedone extractor to remove the remainder of the sebum.
Lee told Insider that blackhead extractions aren't common in-office procedures compared to ones like cyst and lipoma removals, but she continues to post them on her YouTube and Instagram pages because fans can't seem to get enough.
- Karnataka's Health Minister says the state is well prepared for COVID-19 vaccine delivery
- Markets in Bhopal can now stay open till 8 pm only as COVID-19 cases surge in the city
- NSE declares Karvy Stock Broking as defaulter, expels from membership
- SC asks Centre to respond on plea seeking uniformity in RT-PCR test rates across the country
- From IndusInd Bank and Kotak Mahindra to Bajaj Finance — seven of the top ten Nifty gainers in the last three months have been financials