Oberoi Realty, Sunteck Realty, Godrej Properties' stocks soar as Maharashtra halves levies for realty sector
The reduction under the
Around 12.25 pm, shares of
Godrej Properties' shares were trading at ₹1,477.95, higher by ₹17.20 or 1.18% from its previous close.
Sunteck Realty shares on the BSE were at ₹360.05, higher by ₹12.25 or 3.52% from its previous close.
Siva Krishnan, Managing Director and India Head, Residential Services, JLL India, said: "This move will help reduce the landed cost for developers, thereby rationalising the cost and reducing the burden on customers. It is expected to further trigger the recovery of the residential real estate market which has seen a good uptick in the last two quarters due to factors like lower interest rates, and pro-active measures from the government like stamp duty reduction."
He noted that the latest moves, coupled with the ongoing measures, will go a long way in enticing both end-users and investors back to the residential market.
"The country's residential sector is already seeing an acceleration in sales, leading to a fast-paced recovery from the impact of the pandemic," Krishnan said.
Top stocks to watch — TCS, RIL, Maruti, Airtel, Godrej Properties, Oberoi Realty, Sobha, and others
From Scrambler and Multistrada to Monster and SuperSport — Ducati is launching 12 new bikes in India, check the launch dates here
Petrol price is now past ₹84 in Delhi, over 62% of it is taxes
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden
- Global trends, macroeconomic data to drive equity markets this week: Analysts
- New Parliament building inauguration: 'Sarva-Dharma Prarthana' ceremony held
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg