How to open WhatsApp on laptop
While WhatsApp was initially built only for smartphones, the company added support for computers to take on Telegram, one of its competitors. Today, we will show you how you can open WhatsApp on your laptop and even use WhatsApp without a smartphone.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUHow to open
- First, open a browser on a laptop and go to WhatsApp Web.
- Now, open WhatsApp on your phone and tap the overflow button (three dots) at the top right corner.
- Now, click on ‘WhatsApp Web’ and then click on ‘Ok’.
- Now, point your phone towards your laptop and scan the QR code shown on WhatsApp Web.
- You can log out either from your mobile or directly on the laptop.
AdvertisementIf you don’t want to use the browser to log in to WhatsApp, you can also install the app on your laptop.
- To begin, use a browser and go to WhatsApp’s download page.
- Now, click on ‘Download for Windows (64-bit).
- Now, click on the WhatsApp.exe file and install it.
- Launch the
WhatsApp appon your laptop and scan the QR code from your smartphone to login.
- From your browser, go to WhatsApp’s download page.
- Now, click on ‘Download for Mac OS X 10.10 and higher’.
- Now, click on the WhatsApp.dmg file and install it.
- Launch WhatsApp on your laptop and scan the QR code to
If you want to use WhatsApp on your laptop and don’t want to scan a QR code every time, you can use an emulator to directly install WhatsApp. It must be noted that you can only use WhatsApp on one device at a time.
- Open a browser on your laptop and go to BlueStacks website.
- Now, click on the ‘Download BlueStacks’ button.
- Then, click on the downloaded file and install the emulator on your device by following the instructions.
- Now, click on the BlueStacks icon and open the emulator.
- Now, install WhatsApp on the emulator either from the list of popular apps or by searching for it.
- Now, click on the WhatsApp icon on your computer.
- Now, enter your phone number and enter the verification code to authenticate WhatsApp.
How to recover deleted messages on WhatsApp
How to know if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp
WhatsApp in 2019: All features added to the messaging app this year
- Radico launches a music video to honour Indian athletes at the Tokyo Olympics
- ₹10,000 invested in IRCTC shares on listing is worth more than ₹38,000 today — the record could get even better
- e-RUPI explained — India’s new electronic voucher-based payment system to reduce leakage in welfare programmes
- MyGlamm launches its first ever national TVC starring brand ambassador Shraddha Kapoor
- Nazara is building up esports muscle before Jio, Dream11 and others attack