How to read Instagram messages without being seen
messagesent by other users.
- Sometimes you want to read a message without the other person knowing.
- Here are some tricks to help you read Instagram messages without being seen.
AdvertisementInstagram is one of the most popular platforms we use every day. In addition to sharing pictures and videos, the app allows you to chat with your friends.
When you open a message sent by someone, it reveals that you have opened it by adding a “seen” tag below the message. Sometimes, you may not want to read the message without the other person knowing that you have opened the message.
There are some tricks that can help you read Instagram messages without being seen.
The easiest way to read Instagram messages without being seen is to do so from notifications. All you have to do is swipe down on the message sent by the user to view the message in detail.
This may not work if the other person has sent many or very long messages.
You can use “notification history” to check previous notifications if you have already removed the message notification. To do this, you must go to Settings and search “notification history.”
Using Airplane mode
The simplest way to read Instagram messages is by using Airplane mode on your phone.
- To begin, turn on Airplane mode on your smartphone.
- Now, open Instagram and read the message that you want to check.
- Click and hold on Instagram’s app icon to get the app info.
- Now, click on “Force stop” or “Disable.”
Log out method
In the above method, the message gets tagged as “seen” when you open Instagram after turning off Airplane mode. You can use this trick if you still want to use Instagram after seeing the message.
- Turn off mobile data and Wi-Fi on your smartphone.
- Now, open Instagram and open the message you want to read.
- Once you have read the message, go to settings and log out from Instagram.
- You can now sign in to the app, and it will not show that the message has been seen.
Another trick that you can follow is restricting accounts before reading their message.
- Open Instagram on your smartphone.
- Now, go to the profile of the person whose messages you wish to read.
- Then, click on the three-dots menu at the top right corner.
- Now, click on “Restrict”.
- Finally, click the “Message” button on the user’s profile.
- Once you are done, you can return to their profile and un-restrict them.
How to use credit card to make UPI payments
How to find your CIBIL, Experian and CRIF credit score for free
How to delete your number and email from Facebook’s database
Popular on BI
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- All 81 movies based on Marvel comics, ranked according to critics
- EY and Deloitte are scrutinizing staff workloads and quietly letting some workers go, report says
- Delhi govt issues guidelines for handling end-of-life vehicles in public places
- Signal launches usernames to keep your phone number private
- Body-adapting bras, reusable period panties & more help this startup bag ₹80 lakh from 'sharks'
- Hindalco subsidiary Novelis files draft papers for proposed US IPO
- Lagne laga tha ab mujhe milega hi nahin: SRK as he wins Dadasaheb Phalke Award