Snapchat’s Friend Check Up feature lets you quickly clean your friends list
Snapchat’s new Friend Check Up feature lets you review your friends list with a single tap.
- If you have added somebody long ago and don’t want them to see your posts or Snap Map, you might want to remove them from your list.
- Alternatively, you can also adjust your privacy settings to make sure only a select few friends can view your posts.
- The Friend Check Up feature will start rolling out to Android and iOS devices in the coming weeks and months.
AdvertisementEphemeral messaging app Snapchat has announced a new feature that lets you quickly clean your friends list. This is important as some
The Friend Check Up feature simply displays a reminder to clean your friends list. The reminder is displayed just below your name in the profile page. Tapping on it opens your friends list and you can then check out which friends you’d like to keep or remove.
Pruning your friends list, especially on apps like Snapchat, is important as you might not want to show your posts to somebody in your list.
Snapchat has always claimed that it is for ‘close friends’, so this should not surprise anyone. Over time the company has tried to further distinguish itself from Facebook, which is a large megaphone in comparison.
Snap says that the new friend check up feature will roll out to Android users ‘in the coming weeks’ and to iOS users ‘in the coming months’. However, you don’t have to depend on this feature to check your friends list and remove any friends you want to.
To view your friends list on Snapchat, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat and tap on your profile icon.
- Now tap on ‘My Friends’ and review the list of friends.
- Tap and hold on the name of your friend.
- Now tap on ‘More’ from the list.
- Tap on ‘Remove Friend’.
Twitter ramps up roll out of 'Spaces' to take on Clubhouse
Snapchat is gaining traction in India as it hits 265 million daily active users
How to use Snapchat to communicate with friends in various ways on the multimedia messaging app
Popular on BI
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares
- Two Adani Group companies rule as the top all-round wealth creators – here are a few other unexpected entries
- Mumbai: China mission to commemorate Dr. Kotnis' 80th death anniversary