WhatsApp is working on a ‘login approval’ feature to help prevent hacking – here’s everything you need to know
- Currently, WhatsApp is working to bring a new security feature – login approval.
- Read further to know what the new feature is and how it works.
AdvertisementWhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging applications. Accounting for more than 487 million WhatsApp users only in India, the application holds a big responsibility to keep data safe for its users. It offers regular security and feature updates to make the platform easy to use and safe.
Despite all the new features to enhance security, hackers are still finding new ways to breach into accounts to steal personal information and data. Now, WhatsApp is working to introduce a new 'login approval' feature. Like the double verification feature announced earlier, this new feature will also help prevent accounts from being stolen. The user will get in-app alerts whenever someone tries to log in to their account, adding an extra layer of security and helping prevent accounts from being stolen.
Here’s how WhatsApp
This feature will send a notification to the users whenever a new or unknown device attempts to log in to the accounts. Through the screenshot shared by the WABetainfo, we can see that in the notification alert, users will be asked to either allow or deny the login attempt.
Also, users will get to know the time of login attempt and the device used.
When will the feature be available?
The feature is currently under development and it is not disclosed when it will be available for users. We will keep you updated whenever new details are released.
To make the application user-friendly, safe and reliable, WhatsApp continues to maintain its features and updates rollout routine. This new upcoming login approval feature can be a great method to add an extra layer of security.
What is the dual camera feature on Instagram, and how to use it?
Ola Electric may finally introduce its first electric car on August 15
Popular on BI
- Abu Dhabi's IHC exits Adani Green Energy and Adani Transmission
- World Heart Day: What treatments cost across top Indian cities and how to stay covered
- World Heart Day delights: Yoga, exercise, and heart-healthy living
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors