Oura has partnered with Gucci for a $950 smart ring that’s also a fitness tracker
- Gucci and Oura joined hands to make a new luxurious
- The smart ring costs $950 (₹73,690).
- The ring tracks health data which can be monitored using a companion app (Android/ iOS).
AdvertisementRenowned luxury fashion giant Gucci and health electronics manufacturer Oura have collaborated to develop a premium smart ring. Priced at $950 (approx ₹73,690), Gucci X Oura is equipped with health monitoring features along with a premium design, unsurprisingly, aimed at those who like to flaunt luxury.
The smart ring just weighs around 4 to 6 grams and it can monitor temperature, heart rate, sleep activity, and much more. Additionally, ring is also rated for 100m depth water resistance. The ring is compatible with Google Fit and Apple Health applications giving deep insight into your health statistics. The ring, obviously, runs on a battery which is said to last between 4-7 days.
Oura launched its first smart ring back in 2016 and since then it has launched four versions. The ring with Gucci collaboration is the company's fourth product. It mainly focuses on making small wearable devices as it tries to pack the features and functions of relatively large wearable devices into a small form factor.
Oura also says the smart ring takes data from the arteries which are more accurate when compared to data taken from other wearable devices such as smart-band or smartwatches. To access health data you can also use the companion Oura app which is available for Android and iOS devices.
After banning destructive satellite tests, US plans to use nuclear power systems in space
This shockingly accurate face search tool can find all your photos on the internet in seconds for free
Popular on BI
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO