Android 12 beta – how to download and install it on Pixel, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme phones among others
- The Android 12 beta comes with a wide range of privacy and design changes.
- It is currently available for download for several devices, including Pixel, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme phones among others.
- Check out how to download and install it on your compatible device right now.
AdvertisementGoogle showed off the Android 12 update at its I/O 2021 keynote on May 18, giving us a glimpse into what the future holds for the Android operating system. And the best part is, you can try out the Android 12 beta update right now.
The Android 12 beta update is available for Google’s Pixel phones, starting from the Pixel 3 series through Pixel 5.
Even if you don’t have a Pixel smartphone, you don’t have to worry – Google has partnered with several companies, including OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, Vivo and Asus, among others, to let you download and install the Android 12 update right now.
Android 12 – new features, design changes and more
Some of the biggest changes in Android 12 center around privacy options, including a new privacy dashboard, the ability to completely disable camera and microphone with a single tap, an upgraded password manager, and a new system wherein you are notified when an app accesses your clipboard contents.
But beyond privacy upgrades, the Android 12 update also brings a wide range of design changes, including a major revamp to the quick settings, an entire set of new animations, right from charging, opening apps or for simple taps as well.
How to download and install Android 12 beta
The Android 12 beta update can now be downloaded and installed on several devices.
Note: This is beta software, and as such, may not be ready for daily usage. Download the update at your own risk. We recommend backing up your data before you install the beta.
If you have a Pixel smartphone, the process is very straightforward, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Android beta program page and sign in with your Google account.
- Click on the opt-in button.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Now, click on Confirm and Enroll.
If you don’t see the update, you should check again in a few minutes.
Once you get the update, you can download and install it just like any other update.
What if I don’t have a Pixel smartphone
If you don’t have a Pixel smartphone, you can still try the Android 12 beta update if you have an eligible device from OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, Vivo among others.
You can find the company specific steps to be followed on the Android Developers website here.
List of Android 12 beta compatible devices
Here is the full list of Android 12 beta compatible devices:
|Zenfone 8||Pixel 3||OnePlus 9||Mi 11||Realme GT 5G (China only)||Oppo Find X3 Pro||iQoo 7 Legend|
|Pixel 3 XL||OnePlus 9 Pro||Mi 11 Ultra|
|Pixel 3a||Mi 11X Pro|
|Pixel 3a XL|
|Pixel 4 XL|
|Pixel 4a (5G)|
Google said to rival Apple’s privacy push with Android 12 while taking care of its advertising business
The Zenfone 8 is Android’s iPhone 12 mini
Asus ZenFone 8 series India launch postponed due to COVID-19
Popular on BI
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- New York officials ban airports from charging up to $28 for a beer — a price tag they described as 'totally indefensible'
- How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
- Canada to ban China’s Huawei Technologies from 5G networks
- Zilingo fires CEO Ankiti Bose over financial irregularities
- Best offline games for iPhone 2022
- How to successfully launch an NFT
- Black eyeliners to uplift the look of your eyes