Android 12 beta – how to download and install it on Pixel, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme phones among others
- The Android 12 beta comes with a wide range of privacy and design changes.
- It is currently available for download for several devices, including Pixel, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme phones among others.
- Check out how to download and install it on your compatible device right now.
AdvertisementGoogle showed off the Android 12 update at its I/O 2021 keynote on May 18, giving us a glimpse into what the future holds for the Android operating system. And the best part is, you can try out the Android 12 beta update right now.
The Android 12 beta update is available for Google’s Pixel phones, starting from the Pixel 3 series through Pixel 5.
Even if you don’t have a Pixel smartphone, you don’t have to worry – Google has partnered with several companies, including OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, Vivo and Asus, among others, to let you download and install the Android 12 update right now.
Android 12 – new features, design changes and more
Some of the biggest changes in Android 12 center around privacy options, including a new privacy dashboard, the ability to completely disable camera and microphone with a single tap, an upgraded password manager, and a new system wherein you are notified when an app accesses your clipboard contents.
But beyond privacy upgrades, the Android 12 update also brings a wide range of design changes, including a major revamp to the quick settings, an entire set of new animations, right from charging, opening apps or for simple taps as well.
How to download and install Android 12 beta
The Android 12 beta update can now be downloaded and installed on several devices.
Note: This is beta software, and as such, may not be ready for daily usage. Download the update at your own risk. We recommend backing up your data before you install the beta.
If you have a Pixel smartphone, the process is very straightforward, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Android beta program page and sign in with your Google account.
- Click on the opt-in button.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Now, click on Confirm and Enroll.
If you don’t see the update, you should check again in a few minutes.
Once you get the update, you can download and install it just like any other update.
What if I don’t have a Pixel smartphone
If you don’t have a Pixel smartphone, you can still try the Android 12 beta update if you have an eligible device from OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, Vivo among others.
You can find the company specific steps to be followed on the Android Developers website here.
List of Android 12 beta compatible devices
Here is the full list of Android 12 beta compatible devices:
|Zenfone 8||Pixel 3||OnePlus 9||Mi 11||Realme GT 5G (China only)||Oppo Find X3 Pro||iQoo 7 Legend|
|Pixel 3 XL||OnePlus 9 Pro||Mi 11 Ultra|
|Pixel 3a||Mi 11X Pro|
|Pixel 3a XL|
|Pixel 4 XL|
|Pixel 4a (5G)|
Google said to rival Apple’s privacy push with Android 12 while taking care of its advertising business
The Zenfone 8 is Android’s iPhone 12 mini
Asus ZenFone 8 series India launch postponed due to COVID-19
Popular on BI
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts