Android 12 beta – how to download and install it on Pixel, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme phones among others
- The Android 12 beta comes with a wide range of privacy and design changes.
- It is currently available for download for several devices, including Pixel, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme phones among others.
- Check out how to download and install it on your compatible device right now.
The Android 12 beta update is available for Google’s Pixel phones, starting from the Pixel 3 series through Pixel 5.
Even if you don’t have a Pixel smartphone, you don’t have to worry – Google has partnered with several companies, including OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, Vivo and Asus, among others, to let you download and install the Android 12 update right now.
Android 12 – new features, design changes and more
Some of the biggest changes in Android 12 center around privacy options, including a new privacy dashboard, the ability to completely disable camera and microphone with a single tap, an upgraded password manager, and a new system wherein you are notified when an app accesses your clipboard contents.
But beyond privacy upgrades, the Android 12 update also brings a wide range of design changes, including a major revamp to the quick settings, an entire set of new animations, right from charging, opening apps or for simple taps as well.
How to download and install Android 12 beta
The Android 12 beta update can now be downloaded and installed on several devices.
Note: This is beta software, and as such, may not be ready for daily usage. Download the update at your own risk. We recommend backing up your data before you install the beta.
AdvertisementIf you have a Pixel smartphone, the process is very straightforward, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Android beta program page and sign in with your Google account.
- Click on the opt-in button.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Now, click on Confirm and Enroll.
If you don’t see the update, you should check again in a few minutes.
Once you get the update, you can download and install it just like any other update.
What if I don’t have a Pixel smartphone
If you don’t have a Pixel smartphone, you can still try the Android 12 beta update if you have an eligible device from OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, Vivo among others.
You can find the company specific steps to be followed on the Android Developers website here.
List of Android 12 beta compatible devices
Here is the full list of Android 12 beta compatible devices:
|Zenfone 8||Pixel 3||OnePlus 9||Mi 11||Realme GT 5G (China only)||Oppo Find X3 Pro||iQoo 7 Legend|
|Pixel 3 XL||OnePlus 9 Pro||Mi 11 Ultra|
|Pixel 3a||Mi 11X Pro|
|Pixel 3a XL|
|Pixel 4 XL|
|Pixel 4a (5G)|
Google said to rival Apple’s privacy push with Android 12 while taking care of its advertising business
The Zenfone 8 is Android’s iPhone 12 mini
Asus ZenFone 8 series India launch postponed due to COVID-19
Popular on BI
- Serum Institute seeks drug regulator's approval to start booster doses of Covishield
- Do you own an LIC policy? Here is how you can link your PAN before applying for the LIC IPO
- Ahmedabad and Karachi among ten cheapest cities in the world
- Deloitte India partners with News Broadcasters Federation to build an integrated performance and rewards forum for the news media industry
- Best bullet cameras for security in India