The Zenfone 8 is Android’s iPhone 12 mini
- The Zenfone 8 is Asus’ latest smartphone that packs the flagship punch in a small form factor.
- If you are a fan of small phones and yet don’t want to switch to iPhones, this could be what you are looking for.
- But how does the Zenfone 8 fare against the iPhone 12 mini? Let’s find out.
AdvertisementSmall smartphones are rare. Perhaps as rare as Jupiter and Saturn coming close to ‘touching’ each other in the sky. And this is what makes them special.
One of the best small smartphones that you can buy right now is undoubtedly the iPhone 12 mini. Apple knocked it out of the park by equipping the phone with the same firepower as its bigger siblings, so you don’t have to compromise in terms of power or performance when choosing the smaller iPhone.
Cut to the Android world, and there seems to be an endless barrage of big phones that somehow just keep getting bigger. Google tried to make a small phone in the form of the Pixel 4a, but it lacks the power and punch of even budget smartphones.
Enter the Asus Zenfone 8. It comes with a slightly bigger size than the iPhone 12 mini, but that is forgivable considering the options available. And if you are in the market for a new small smartphone, we are here to help you decide.
Asus Zenfone 8 vs iPhone 12 mini: Price and availability
|Asus Zenfone 8||Price||Apple iPhone 12 mini||Price|
|6GB + 128GB||$599 (approx. ₹44,000)||64GB||₹69,900|
|16GB + 256GB||$799 (approx. ₹58,800)||128GB||₹74,900|
The Zenfone 8 India launch has been delayed due to the surge in COVID-19 cases. It should make its way to the country in the next few weeks. It comes in Obsidian Black and Horizon Silver colours.
The iPhone 12 mini is available for purchase on the Apple India online store, Amazon and Flipkart. It comes in Blue, Black, White, Red, Green and Purple colours.
Asus Zenfone 8 vs iPhone 12 mini
|Particulars||Asus ZenFone 8||Apple iPhone 12 mini|
|Resolution||2400 x 1080 pixels||2340 x 1080 pixels|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass Victus||Ceramic Shield protection|
|Android version||Android 11 with ZenUI 8||iOS 14|
|Chipset||Snapdragon 888||Apple A14 Bionic|
|Rear camera||64MP primary||12MP primary|
|12MP ultra-wide||12MP ultra-wide|
|Selfie camera||12MP primary||12MP primary|
Asus Zenfone 8 vs iPhone 12 mini: Display and size
The Zenfone 8 sports a slightly larger display when compared to the iPhone 12 mini. As such, its dimensions are relatively larger as well. But both still offer a small phone experience that’s become a rarity these days.
The Zenfone 8 has a 5.9-inch AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate that boosts it to 240Hz when you interact with the phone (i.e., the touch sampling rate is 240Hz). In simpler terms, the Zenfone 8 has a compact yet bright, smooth display that should have a major positive impact on the user experience.
The iPhone 12 mini has a slightly smaller 5.4-inch OLED display with a similar resolution as the Zenfone 8. However, the refresh rate is just 60Hz, so you might not experience the same level of smoothness while interacting with the screen.
Asus Zenfone 8 vs iPhone 12 mini: Performance and battery life
Coming to the most important aspect of modern smartphones, both the Zenfone 8 and the iPhone 12 mini are powered by top of the line processors available right now.
The Zenfone 8 is powered by the Snapdragon 888 chipset built on a 5nm fabrication process – the best that Qualcomm has launched till date. This is paired with fast memory and storage, so the latency is reduced even further.
It is equipped with a 4,000mAh battery and supports 33W fast charging.
On the other hand, the iPhone 12 mini is powered by Apple’s A14 Bionic chipset, which is also built on a 5nm fabrication process. This is paired with 4GB of memory. It is equipped with a much smaller 2,227mAh battery, but results suggest it should last a day of normal usage.
Some might think that using top of the line chipsets in such small phones is an overkill, but for those who want small phones, this will come as a major positive point.
The Zenfone 8 is Android’s iPhone 12 mini.
Xiaomi Mi 10i vs OnePlus Nord — which is the best mid-range device for you?
Realme X7 Pro 5G vs Xiaomi Mi 10i – best mid-range device under ₹30,000 in India
Redmi Note 10 Pro Max vs Realme 8 Pro – Which device should you buy?
Popular on BI
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Low pressure mounts over Andaman Sea, heavy rain expected to lash TN
- New Indian sustainable jet fuel technology could cut aviation emissions by 80%
- From digital shagun at a wedding to digital donation — unique use cases for Paytm go viral on social media
- Delhi HC seeks RBI stand on PIL seeking uniform banking code for foreign exchange transactions