Here’s how to download and install iOS 17 developer beta on your iPhone
Image credits- Apple
Appleunveiled iOS 17at WWDC23 on Monday.
- iOS 17 is only compatible with
iPhoneXS or later models.
- Read on to know how to
download iOS 17.
AdvertisementApple announced the latest iPhone update, iOS 17, at its 2023 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) on Monday and moved swiftly to release the initial
The primary focus of iOS 17 lies in enhancing communication through various additions to the Phone, FaceTime, and Messages applications. Notable features include personalised contact posters, video messages, an improved autocorrect system, enhanced AirDrop options, and the introduction of the Journal app.
However, it's crucial to note that developer beta versions like iOS 17 are not meant for general users due to potential unfinished features and issues that may hinder smooth iPhone functionality. These early beta releases primarily target developers, enabling them to update their applications and gain early access to upcoming features.
Things to know before you download the iOS 17 developer beta
If you are considering downloading iOS 17, it is advisable to do so on a backup or secondary phone, if you have one. The developer beta of iOS 17 may pose issues that could potentially impair your iPhone's functionality – leading to difficulties in making phone calls, sending text messages or causing a significant lag. However, if you only have your primary phone or tablet available, it is essential to back up your iPhone on iOS 16.5, the latest version of iOS 16, before proceeding with the update to iOS 17.
Furthermore, please note that iOS 17 is only compatible with iPhone XS or later models. It is not supported on devices such as the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X, all of which supported the iOS 16 developer beta released last year.
Step 1: Enrol in the Apple Developer Program
- Download the Apple Developer app from the App Store. Once installed, open the app and navigate to the "Account" section. From there, tap on "Enrol Now" to proceed.
- Use your
Apple IDcredentials to sign in to the app. After signing in, carefully review the provided information regarding the benefits and instructions associated with enrollment. Then, proceed by entering your personal details as required.
- After submitting the aforementioned information, you will be prompted to select your entity, which is typically "individual" for most users. Finally, to proceed, you must agree to the program licence agreement.
- Lastly, make the payment for the Apple Developer membership fee using Apple Pay. The annual fee is $99.
Step 2: Install iOS 17 Beta on iPhone
- To access the Software Update settings on your iPhone or iPad, navigate to Settings, then tap on General, and finally select Software Update.
- Enter the Beta Updates section and select iOS 17 Developer Beta by tapping on it.
- Return to the previous screen and locate the option for Download and Install beneath the newly available iOS 17 Developer Beta. Tap on it to initiate the download and installation process.
ChatGPT iOS app vs website — The better experience and why
Asus ROG Strix Scar 17 2023 review
Popular on BI
- Travel Boom: India spends 2X of pre-pandemic level on Airbnb with Goa leading the charge
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8000 restaurant owners
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- Earthquake jolts Delhi and other parts of northern India
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge