Windows 11 Insider Preview now available for download – check out the new design, features and how to download
Microsofthas started rolling out the Windows 11 Insider Previewto Windows Insider users.
- The new
Windows 11update comes with several new features and design changes, in addition, to support Android apps and games.
- You can enrol in the Windows Insider Program and check out what the upcoming Windows 11 operating system is all about.
AdvertisementThe first build of Windows 11 Insider Preview is now available for download, ahead of the final release in October this year. It comes with several new features, including user interface changes, taskbar tweaks, themes and sounds, among other things.
Windows 11 Insider Preview features
Windows 11 Insider Preview comes with the new Start Menu and centre-aligned taskbar, in addition to an enhanced notification centre, quick settings and more.
Although Windows 11 kills the live tiles feature from Windows 10, it comes with a dedicated widgets section that displays a news feed, weather, To Do lists and more.
The new update also comes with a revamped File Explorer design that makes it a lot cleaner than the one in Windows 10. It kills the ribbon UI that has been present in the Windows operating system for several years.
Apart from this, another major feature in Windows 11 is the support for Android apps. While this feature is not available in the first Insider Preview, it should be rolled out over the next few weeks as Microsoft expands the feature availability.
At the virtual Windows event, Microsoft revealed that Windows 11 users will be able to download apps from the Amazon Appstore. These apps will be listed in the revamped Windows Store, which will then lead users to the Amazon Appstore. In the future, Microsoft could allow developers to directly publish their Android apps and games to the Windows Store, but that is just a possibility at this moment.
Windows 11 Insider Preview download
AdvertisementNote: Windows 11 Insider Preview is for developers and enthusiasts only. You can still download and install it, but it is advisable to backup all your data. Since this is a beta release, it is likely to have bugs, some of which might impact your regular usage as well.
The Windows 11 Insider Preview is available in the Fast Ring. To download the new Windows update, follow these steps:
- Open Settings and go to Update & Security.
- Now, click on the Windows Insider Program option and click on the “Get started” button.
- Select your account and follow the on-screen steps to enrol in the Windows Insider program.
Your computer should soon start downloading the Windows 11 Insider Preview update.
Windows 11 is getting Android apps – you will soon be able to natively run PUBG Mobile and other popular Android apps and games
Microsoft's first attempt at making laptops more like tablets was a disaster. Now it's making up for that nearly a decade later with Windows 11.
Microsoft just took a direct shot at Apple's controversial App Store policy with Windows 11
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know