TCS has 100 people earning over ₹10 million-- and a third of them started their careers in the company
- Over 100 employees in TCS received over ₹ 10 million in annual remuneration in the last fiscal, ET reported.
- In comparison, Infosys extended ₹10.2 million to nearly 60 employees in India, including variable stock component.
- The two IT companies reportedly increased their hirings by 350% in FY19.
Of this, nearly one-third of the employees started their careers with the IT company, according to an ET report.
In comparison, TCS has 91 employees having annual salary above ₹10 million in FY17, and the count has increased to 103 in 2019. However, this excludes the salaries of employees based outside India, and top-notch employees — CEO Rajesh Gopinathan and COO NG Subramaniam.
The annual remuneration includes salary, cash incentives, allowances and the company’s provident fund component.
In comparison to TCS, Infosys offered over ₹10.2 million salary to nearly 60 employees. This, however, includes the variable stock component.
The youngest employees(earning over ₹10 million) in the company are in their early 40s, while the oldest employee in the company is 72 years old.
TCS has a good retention rate among the senior employees. According to analysts, TCS’ success is due to the stable and consistent senior talent pool and its ability to give people leadership roles without losing them to rivals, ET reported.
Strengthening the employee base, the two IT companies reportedly increased their hiring by 350% in FY19. In its recent achievement, TCS surpassed IBM, in terms of market capitalisation, which stood at $120.5 billion.
60 IIMC students had their salaries doubled after an Executive MBA
AdvertisementHiring by Indian IT companies has grown 12 months in a row, up over three-fold
After becoming the third largest IT service brand in the world, TCS surpasses IBM in market cap
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life
- India’s economic rise: How global tech giants are chasing the next big growth engine