JioFiber new ₹199 plan offers 1000GB high speed data for 7 days
- JioFiber has so far failed to create a splash with its plans that seem costlier compared to those of other internet service providers.
- However, the ₹199 plan could be the perfect option for those who want abundant high-speed data.
- While the ₹199 plan does not include access to streaming services, it offers up to 5 times more data at up to 3.5 times lower prices.
AdvertisementReliance might have failed to create a splash with its JioFiber broadband service, but it is now stepping up its game with new high-speed plans. The latest is the JioFiber ₹199 plan that offers 1000GB data with speeds of up to 100Mbps and a validity of 7 days.
One of the complaints with JioFiber plans is that the fair usage policy (FUP) limit is low, so once you exceed the FUP limit, the internet speed is reduced to just 1 Mbps, making it barely usable.
JioFiber ₹199 plan details
The JioFiber ₹199 combo plan can be useful if you are running low on data on your existing JioFiber plan. You can top up with the ₹199 plan which acts as an add-on to your main plan. This will increase your internet speed to 100 Mbps.
Once you cross the 1,000 GB limit, your speeds are reduced to 1 Mbps again. The ₹199 plan comes with a validity of 7 days.
Interestingly, the JioFiber ₹199 plan can be used as an add-on to your existing plan, or as a standalone plan too. The total cost comes to ₹235 after taxes.
If you want to use it as a standalone plan, it will cost you ₹940 over 28 days. This will give 4,000 GB of data at 100 Mbps speeds. The only downside is that you have to recharge this plan every 7 days.
The ₹199 plan is the best JioFiber plan right now
Interestingly, the ₹199 plan turns out to be the best JioFiber plan right now. Here is a quick comparison of the cost per GB of the ₹199 plan with other monthly JioFiber plans:
|Price (incl. GST)
|Cost per GB
It is worth noting that the ₹199 plan does not give you access to any of Jio’s apps like JioTV, Jio Cinema, or other streaming apps like Hotstar, SonyLiv, Zee5, SunNxt and Voot. If you want access to these apps, you will have to go for the other monthly plans.
However, if your only requirement is abundant high-speed data, then the ₹199 plan is the perfect option for you – you get up to 5 times more data at a 3.5 times lower price.
The ₹199 plan also includes free voice calling.
JioFiber, Airtel offers to help you work from home during the Coronavirus pandemic
Reliance Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone Idea best 3GB data per day plans
Here are JioFiber tariffs, plans and all the freebies that go with them
Popular on BI
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app