Read these books to understand what goes behind that perfect photograph
- In the growing era of digital
photography, millenials are willing to spend thousands on wedding shoots and portfolios.
- Every week, Business Insider collates some interesting books to read, giving an outlook on career and professional growth, setbacks and opportunities for its readers.
- This week we bring books that can bring art and business to professional photographers.
Every week, Business Insider collates interesting books to read, giving an outlook on career and professional growth, setbacks and opportunities. This week we bring books that can share the art and science of photography for aspiring.
From beginners to professionals, here a few of the books that can shape your
Adobe Photoshop CC Book by Andrew Faulkner and Conrad Chavez
For professionals, Adobe Photoshop is a tool to worship. This book from Adobe Press is a guide to navigate through the creative and complicated photoshop software. It includes project-based lessons and techniques to refine digital images — corrections, distortions, light balancing and others.
The book also talks about features like Frame tool, Paint Symmetry, updated Undo.
Our World Now 4 by Reuters
The book features over 350 photographs from various global reporting events that took place in 2010. This includes images across political events, natural disasters, festivities and entertainment.
The book also gives a deep dive in the concepts with its photo essays from around the world.
Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson
AdvertisementUnderstanding Exposure has over 100 graphic illustrations that can help to understand the concept of exposure. The book takes through the different parameters for light exposures, blurring effect, night photography and shooting angles.
It also explains the fundamentals of light, shutter speed and contrast in images.
National Geographic Image Collection
This book by National Geographic is a great resource of graphics and photography. From wildlife to adventure science and historic photographs, the book features images from the 19th century to the current times. It contains images along with technical description and its evolution.
The book has four sections based on themes — Wilderness, Exploration, and Adventure; Wildlife; Peoples, Cultures, and Lifestyles; Science and Climate Change.
AdvertisementCreative Black and White: Digital Photography Tips and Techniques by Harold Davis
Black and white photography is an important yet tricky aspect of digital photography. Creative Black and White is a book by renowned photographer Harold Davis who talks of the poses, and explains the contrast, light and other basic rules of black-and-white photography
The book also brings the tools on monochrome in Lightroom, Photoshop, and related plugins.
The Moment It Clicks: Photography Secrets from One of the World's Top Shooters by Joe McNally
The book by digital photographer Joe McNally brings out the insights and photography secrets behind the most elegant images. The book teaches about location lighting, portrait shots and techniques.
AdvertisementThe book inspires and challenges to understand the art of great photos and creating a moment.
The Hot Shoe Diaries by Joe McNally
The Hot Shoe Diaries focuses on lighting solutions to a perfect picture and frame. The author talks about how he makes his pictures with small flashes.
Read these 5 books to introspect and improve on your career, according to career coaches
Here are the five books to read for entrepreneurs and startup investors
The five books you’ll want to read if you’re stressed at work
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns