Violent protests broke out in LA after a trans woman undressed in a trans-inclusive spa and a woman recorded a video saying she felt 'uncomfortable'
- People violently protested after a trans woman undressed in the women's disrobing section of an LA spa, NBC reported..
- Wi Spa employees said the space is trans-inclusive, as it is illegal to discriminate against trans people.
- Conservative commentator Tucker Carlson said it was "amazing" that a customer misgendered the trans patron.
Violent protests broke out in LA after a trans woman undressed in a trans-inclusive spa, and a woman recorded a video saying she felt "uncomfortable," NBC reported.
-Samuel Braslow (@SamBraslow) July 3, 2021
In the video, posted to Twitter on June 26, the woman filming made a complaint to front desk employees about a trans woman undressing in the same room as her.
After a bystander asked if she was referring to a transgender person, the woman said "there's no such thing as transgender."
Another woman in the video said she was "traumatized" by the spa's non-discrimination policy for trans people.
Another woman, also captured on film, asked for her money back because of the spa's trans-inclusive policy.
The video went viral, being shared on Twitter and
On June 29, conservative commentator Tucker Carlson featured the video exchange on "Tucker Carlson Tonight," stating the woman's complaint against the spa was "amazing."
Days later, on Saturday July 2, protestors clashed outside the Koreatown spa. NBC reported the crowd included people chanting "Save our children," a QAnon slogan, and some people wore T-shirts with the word "Pedowood," another QAnon slogan.
One person was assaulted and was taken to hospital with an injury that was not life-threatening, NBC reported.
Wi Spa released a statement outlining California state law protects transgender people from discrimination at private businesses.
"Like many other metropolitan areas, Los Angeles contains a transgender population, some of whom enjoy visiting a spa," the statement said. "Wi Spa strives to follow the law and meet the needs and safety of all of its customers."
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds