10 iPhone tricks and features that can make your life easier
iPhonecontinues to add updates and features to ensure a user-friendly experience.
- Tricks and features might help you make the most out of your iPhone.
- Check out these 10 lesser-known tricks of the iPhone you should know about.
AdvertisementEven if you are using an iPhone for a long time, there might still be some tricks and features that you may not know. Apple offers regular updates and introduces new features to ensure a smooth and up to date experience for its users. The company announces all the key features and highlights the updates but always keeps some for the users to dig and explore.
Using the lesser-known features and tricks might make the user experience better. Packed with plenty of features, the iPhone gives you various options to use the phone to its fullest potential. We have highlighted some of the top 10 features and tricks that one must unfold while using an iPhone.
Copy text from a photo
This feature allows you to select and copy text from the images. If you are unable to understand someone's handwriting, clicking the image and using this feature can help you read it.
You can share and paste the copied text anywhere you want.
You can make a video call via FaceTime with Android users by creating and sharing the link through the application.
In-built translation option
On supported devices, the iPhone gives you the option to translate the text from images and in applications without the use of any third-party applications. Simply select the text you want to translate and tap on the 'Translate' option.
You can also change the language of translation and copy the translated version.
Copy and paste the images
This iPhone trick allows you to copy and paste the image with finger gestures.
How to use this trick-
- Use three fingers to pinch-close on the screen to copy an image and use three fingers to pinch-open on the screen where you want to paste.
Delete a single digit in the calculator
AdvertisementWith no option of erasing a single digit while using the calculator, this trick lets you remove one or multiple digits - you just have to swipe left or right on the calculator display.
Emergency Bypass mode
Even if your phone is on silent or DND mode, this feature allows you to enable sound and vibration for selected contacts.
Follow the steps below to turn on this feature-
- Open the contact for which you want to enable this feature.
- Click on the 'Edit' option from the top right corner.
- Click on the ‘Ringtones’ option and enable the 'Emergency Bypass' option.
If you want to measure someone's height without the use of inch-tape, this measuring application of the iPhone serves a great purpose. While measuring the height, you must ensure that the person is fitting into the frame. After this, a line will appear above the person's head to tell you the actual height.
You can also take a screenshot using the white circle button on the bottom right side.
AdvertisementThis feature is available for iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max users.
Keyboard as a trackpad
iPhone users might not be aware of the feature, but using this feature can help you jump over the text or select text by moving your fingers like a cursor.
While using the keyboard, long-pressing the spacebar button enables you to use the keyboard as a trackpad.
Adjust text size with one-touch
Instead of going to settings to adjust the size of your applications or text, enabling this shortcut will help you conveniently adjust the size of either only the home screen or all applications.
How to enable this shortcut-
- Go to settings
- Click on Control Centre and add 'Text Size' by tapping on the ‘+’ sign.
Back Tap gestures
How to turn on this feature-
- Go to the settings and open ‘accessibility’ from the below options.
- Tap on 'Touch' from the Physical and Motor options.
- Click the last option- Back Tap
- Choose the options for double tap, triple tap or both.
How to add location sticker on WhatsApp status
WhatsApp will soon allow you to use the same account on multiple phones
Popular on BI
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts