Google Pay now has Tap to Pay for UPI — here’s how to use it
Google Paygets ‘Tap to Pay’ feature in collaboration with Pine Labs.
- Google Pay lets you make contactless payments via NFC.
- It will be available at merchants like Future Retail and Starbucks.
AdvertisementGoogle’s payment platform Google Pay has launched the ‘Tap to Pay’ UPI-based payment system in collaboration with Pine Labs. This new functionality makes paying easier and faster where you just have to tap the phone to pay, which is seen on some credit and debit cards.
Note that the feature will only work on NFC-enabled Android smartphones to make payments by using any Pine Labs Android POS terminal across the nation. This means to complete payment, you have to just tap your smartphone on the POS terminal and authenticate the payment from your phone, using
Making a statement on development
Kush Mehra, Chief Business Officer, Pine Labs believes the feature will further strengthen UPI acceptance in India and will appeal young population who have already started adopting contactless and digital payments.
How to use Google Pay Tap to Pay?
First, make sure your smartphone has NFC (Near Field Communication) tag, which is hardware equipment that makes the feature work on the device. The contact is done when the phone’s NFC tag is tapped on the POS machine, which also has a tag to receive the signal.
The feature is only for Android phones, for now, there was no mention of the iOS version yet.
To enable NFC
- Open Settings.
- Look for the NFC toggle and turn it on or go to the “Search settings” bar, type “NFC”.
- Tap and turn on NFC.
- Unlock your phone.
- Tap your phone on the POS terminal (Pine Lab terminals are supported).
- The Google Pay app will open automatically.
- Confirm the amount to be paid and tap proceed.
- Your payment should be done.
AdvertisementFacebook Messenger gets a new update that let you send silent replies and GIFs
Samsung launches five new smartphones in the Galaxy A series in India
How to enable dark mode in Microsoft Excel, including a spreadsheet's cells
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Indian homes expected to make half their payments digitally in 3 years
- Vision Pro to iOS 17: Apple’s top six announcements at WWDC 2023
- New Apple iOS: If you have these devices, it might be time to upgrade
- Here’s how to download and install iOS 17 developer beta on your iPhone
- Adani Group repays loans worth $2.65 bn to complete prepayment programme