Google Phone app now lets you record calls automatically from unknown numbers
Google Phone appgained the call recording feature last year.
- Since then, Google has been adding new features like Caller ID, verified calls and more.
- Now, Google has added the ability to always record calls from unknown numbers as well as select contacts in your phonebook.
After the latest update to the Google Phone app, you can now always record calls from unknown numbers. The option is starting to show up in the app’s settings for some users, and we were able to verify it on our phone too.
Call recording is not available in all countries, so its availability depends on your location. It is available in India, though, so you can enable it if you want to. However, it’s available only on select devices.
To enable “always record” feature, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Phone app and tap on the three-dot menu on the top right.
- Tap on Settings and then go to ‘Call recording’.
- Now, under the ‘Always Record’ option, enable the ‘numbers not in your contacts’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Selected numbers’ option.
- Now, tap on the + button and choose the contacts.
For what it’s worth, the default call recording feature on phones from OnePlus, Samsung or Xiaomi doesn’t announce that a call is being recorded when you enable this feature.
How to use Google Photos to back up your photos on all of your devices
Google's I/O conference is returning May 18-20 and will be entirely virtual
How to reverse image search on Google to find information related to a specific photo
Popular on BI
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x