Google Phone app now lets you record calls automatically from unknown numbers
Google Phone appgained the call recording feature last year.
- Since then, Google has been adding new features like Caller ID, verified calls and more.
- Now, Google has added the ability to always record calls from unknown numbers as well as select contacts in your phonebook.
After the latest update to the Google Phone app, you can now always record calls from unknown numbers. The option is starting to show up in the app’s settings for some users, and we were able to verify it on our phone too.
Call recording is not available in all countries, so its availability depends on your location. It is available in India, though, so you can enable it if you want to. However, it’s available only on select devices.
To enable “always record” feature, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Phone app and tap on the three-dot menu on the top right.
- Tap on Settings and then go to ‘Call recording’.
- Now, under the ‘Always Record’ option, enable the ‘numbers not in your contacts’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Selected numbers’ option.
- Now, tap on the + button and choose the contacts.
For what it’s worth, the default call recording feature on phones from OnePlus, Samsung or Xiaomi doesn’t announce that a call is being recorded when you enable this feature.
How to use Google Photos to back up your photos on all of your devices
Google's I/O conference is returning May 18-20 and will be entirely virtual
How to reverse image search on Google to find information related to a specific photo
Popular on BI
- 7 Must visit temples in Andhra Pradesh
- Fuel your brain: 7 Foods to enhance mental sharpness during exam time
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade